ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Birthday Not Showing up

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/31/18 09:21 AM Views: 698 Replies: 11
Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 9:21 AM

On my site (Sanford Central High School Class of 1960) Mary Sue Tally's birthday is not showing up even though she has checked the box for "Allow Classmates to view my Birthday". Need help! THANKS ~ Randy

Edited 10/31/18 9:22 AM
Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 11:03 AM - Response #1

There are two birthday fields in the system for each classmate, but on the DETAILS page, they appear as a single field.
1. If the Classmate logs in to the system and enters a birthday on Edit Contact Info, the birthday is stored as a "Classmate Entered Birthday" and it will show up to other classmates if they check the "Allow Classmates to view my Birthday" check box.
2. If the Administrator goes in through the Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, Details for the classmate and enters the birthday, it is stored in the "Admin entered birthday" field. The birthday is only available for the administrator of the website and will never show up to a classmate, even if the "Allow Classmates to view my Birthday" check box is checked.

If the classmate enters the birthday (#1) and the admin enters the birthday (#2), then the classmate's birthday will show up to other classmates if the checkbox is checked.
If only the admin enters the birthday (#2), it will never show up to a classmate or on the birthday list.

In your case, it is #2. The classmate needs to enter their birthday if they want it to display.

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 12:18 PM - Response #2

Just to be clear, if the classmate has not entered their birthday but the admin has entered it, will the classmate see the admin entered birthday when they go into their details page? Might be confusing if they do see it, actually to both.
Dan

Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 12:32 PM - Response #3

No, The field will be blank for the classmate.

Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 12:48 PM - Response #4

Thanks Scott.
I've added a note about this on our class website because we get a number of questions about it. This discussion provides some additional info I will also post.

Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 1:37 PM - Response #5

One other thing. I've been telling people that the year of birth does not have to be entered to have their birth day show up on the birthday list. This is because I've noticed that a number of people don't add the year just the day and month and their birthdays show up on the list anyway.
Is there any drawback to leaving off the year?
Dan

Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 5:45 PM - Response #6

no, it is fine. Most in your class will already know the birth year anyway. If you have a single graduating year website, almost everyone who could see the birthday would know to subtract 18 or 17 and usually it would give you the birth year.

Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 6:03 PM - Response #7

Thank you, Kyle Very Happy

Friday, January 18, 2019 at 3:22 PM - Response #8

I have a classmate who has checked the box allowing classmates to view their birthday. But her birthday is 3 days away and an email has not gone out saying her birthday is coming up. Can someone help with this issue?

Friday, January 18, 2019 at 3:38 PM - Response #9

May I have a name to check?

Friday, January 18, 2019 at 3:51 PM - Response #10

Katrina Kelly Roberts

Edited 01/18/19 3:52 PM
Friday, January 18, 2019 at 4:17 PM - Response #11

I see her name on the homepage... 5th one on the list. If you did not receive an email notification about her upcoming birthday, it would be because you are not subscribed to follow her profile.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.