Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

What's this about?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/04/09 01:48 PM Views: 1086 Replies: 2
Tuesday, August 4, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Fenger High School
June Class Of 1958

We would like to get your ha website on first page of Google.All of our processes use the most ethical "white hat" Search Engine Optimization techniques that will not get your website banned or penalized.please reply and I would be ppy to sent you proposal.In order for us to respond to your request for information, please include your company’s website address (mandatory) and or phone number.

markconway222@gmail.com.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 at 2:14 PM - Response #1

It's spam mail. Just delete it. These usually get through from Classmate Profiles that are left open for public viewing. We do have a spam filter that runs on those, but spammers will often chamge up their wording and techniques to try to slip things through. It's actually set up now so spammers like this can only get 10 emails from the same IP address through max. 11 and thereafter are trapped by our system for human review, and if it's spam we dump 'em. Today you must have been one of the lucky 10.

These idiotic spammers actually write scripts to automate sending this junk to Class Creator sites. We have to monitor this stuff because they're always changing it up. Fortunately they're too stupid to realize that only 10 emails from the same IP can ever get through anyway, and had they Googled "fenger high school class of 1958" or any of our other class sites they'd realize they're already all number 1 in Google anyway. I hope they're enjoying wasting all their time...

Anyway, despite our best efforts and our spam filter, it is possible for spam to sneak in sometimes (should be very rare), so should you see anything like this again in the future, just zap it.

Edited 08/04/09 2:15 PM
Tuesday, August 4, 2009 at 4:34 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Brad. I thought it was junk but wanted to make sure.

Carole

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.