ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding a column to Members Profile Page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/05/12 08:28 PM Views: 1499 Replies: 11
Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Is there anyway to add a column to the Members page that is displayed via the Edit Site Pages -> Member Profiles -> Edit ?
As an administrator, when I view this page, I would like to see another bit of information about each member.

Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 8:53 PM - Response #1

No, this is not anything you can change.

What other information do you want to see? Is it custom to your website or is it something that other admins would be interested in seeing, too? If it is something everyone would be interested in, we could possibly add more info to this page.

Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 9:17 PM - Response #2

Kyle Erickson wrote:

No, this is not anything you can change.

What other information do you want to see? Is it custom to your website or is it something that other admins would be interested in seeing, too? If it is something everyone would be interested in, we could possibly add more info to this page.

Whatever the outcome of this, I am always impressed by the willingness of Kyle and others to consider vs. shutting the down an idea. If available, I would give your post a THUMBS UP, Kyle!

Edited 01/05/12 9:18 PM
Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM - Response #3

THANKS !!!

Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 9:45 PM - Response #4

Thanks Kyle,
I didn't think that the page would be customizable but thought I would ask. I don't imagine there is a way to display more info on the Member Profiles page either is there? My site supports two different social clubs and I wanted to identify each member to his club. Since all members are listed alphabetical and I didn't know how to separate the Member Profiles by club I was thinking of the Profile page, although that is only visible to the administrator. I added the question to the profile generator so it is available there.

Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 9:47 PM - Response #5

Earl,

It is in the planning/development stages. The new Classmate Profile page will allow custom icons. You will be able to say "Cheerleader" or "Football team" and have icons and be able to filter the class list to show only the Cheerleaders or Football players. (each of these will be a custom icon you can define) Each of these icons will be defined by a Profile Generator question/answer.

Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 10:31 PM - Response #6

Thanks for the update.

Friday, January 27, 2012 at 4:09 PM - Response #7

Kyle, Is it possible to replace "Year of Graduation" with a Club name choice? Could Earl treat his 2 clubs as a multi-year site & set up Sigma Delta Pi and Excelsior as 2 separate "years" where members would be listed in their appropriate club?

Another idea is to add a code after each name, for example Earl Porter (S) or even use the Married Name line for the club name since your members are all men. That would put the Club name in parentheses after each name.

Friday, January 27, 2012 at 4:39 PM - Response #8

No, it isn't possible to replace the "Year of Graduation". In the ClassCreator 3.0 code currently being worked on, there will be Custom Icons you can add to your Classmate Profile page. For example, "Cheerleader" and/or "Football Player". You could then add "Sigma Delta Pi" or "Excelsior". Then if classmates clicked on the custom icon, only those class members who belong to that club would show up.

Friday, January 27, 2012 at 4:50 PM - Response #9

Thank you Sharon.
The "Year of Graduation" is still important to the members (classmates) since it is really the year they joined their club, however, the suggestion to use the married name is excellent and I will pursue that.
Thanks again,
Earl

Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 4:51 PM - Response #10

Is it possible to add a business address anywhere? I had a request for a place for a business address.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 5:03 PM - Response #11

That sounds like something you as an admin can add to the Profile Generator, and classmates will then have it on the Edit Profile page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.