ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

"Top Align" Table Cells

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/11/11 11:51 PM Views: 1109 Replies: 3
Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 11:51 PM

I'd like my table cells to align across the top, and I can't figure out how to.

Also, I'd like more cell padding.

I'm referring to the table at the bottom of my Reunion Committee page.

Also, just a little feedback: The following codes across the bottom of the table don't mean much to me. Could the pop-up "alternate text" be more explanatory?

I'm referring to: body, table, tbody, tr, td, p, span, strong.

I could look up the html codes, but don't feel I should have to do that.

Thanks for all your help!

Regina

Monday, December 12, 2011 at 12:05 AM - Response #1

Regina,

It is found on the right-click, then CELL, then CELL PROPERTIES. Look for VERTICAL ALIGNMENT.

The codes across the bottom are meant to show the context of the location where the cursor is. It probably won't mean anything unless you know HTML codes. It isn't meant to be "alternate text" and won't show up to the classmates. you can ignore them if you don't want to learn HTML.

Monday, December 12, 2011 at 1:02 AM - Response #2

Thanks for the very quick response on a Sunday night, Kyle!

I did Table Properties but not Cell Properties. I'll do it now.

Do you expect all Admins to know HTML code? As I said, I have learned some in the past and could look them up now, but why not add a couple of words that would make it more user-friendly? We're not all IT people you know.

I'm just sayin' ... and I have been 100% pleased with the responsiveness from you and Brad, btw. Wow!

Regina

Monday, December 12, 2011 at 8:14 AM - Response #3

Regina,

Those HTML codes isn't something we are putting in there. They are part of the new content editor that was installed about a month ago, right before Thanksgiving. I am not sure we could turn it off as it is part of the new editor.

It would actually be helpful if all admins learned HTML, but we do not require it or expect it.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.