ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Problems Sizing ClassMate photos

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/21/08 12:21 PM Views: 1480 Replies: 7
Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 12:21 PM

I am having a problem with the classmate photos. It is my understanding that the system is supposed to automatically resize the photos to the correct sizes. However, when I upload the yearbook photos that I've scanned, I end up with huge photos. I'd like to have them small enough that they can fit in the upper right hand side of the profile page.

Conversely, when I downloaded a photo that I copied from a Facebook profile, it stays really really tiny. Any suggestions on how to resize these shots?

Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 1:08 PM - Response #1

You are putting yearbook photos in the Classmate's personal photo slots. It's not really good to put them there, as the Classmate has the ability to delete those, or even sometimes inadvertently delete those. Instead, you should click on Manage Classmates, and then click the Enter/Edit Classmates manually button. Then click the Details link next to the Classmate's name. On that screen is your Senior photo scan slot.

I can't tell you much about saving photos from Facebook, other than they'll be the same size when you upload them to Class Creator as they were when you downloaded them from Facebook.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 1:08 PM - Response #2

I don't have an answer on resizing but how did you get that cool slideshow on your home page? Please let me know.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 3:10 PM - Response #3

I just took scanned photos from the yearbook and went to slide.com. It's amazing to discover all the free plug-in progams available out there.

By the way, did my playlist music play OK? My computer at the office doesn't have sound, and at home I still have dial-up.

Thanks!
Mary Maberry

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 1:27 AM - Response #4

I would love to load everyone's class picture in their profile, but have no idea how to get them from the paper yearbook to a format where I can upload to the actual website. The images are relatively small and there's 20-30 per page, so how do you separate each individual picture (if scanning a page). Is there a company that will do this and put on a disk or something?

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 1:59 AM - Response #5

You can scan them with a relatively inexpensive consumer scanner. You can also get it done, although you have to pay a lot for that usually. I know somebody who does them for $5 per scan, although I think that's pretty expensive myself. If you'd like I can hook you up with him, but I suspect you can find somebody who will do it for less.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 1:06 PM - Response #6

I found the best way to get classmate photos on their page was to scan the entire yearbook page and save. I then launch Microsoft Office Picture Manager (comes standard with Microsoft Office but you could use any photo editor). Edit the page by cropping out each picture. Be sure not to save the cropped image as the scanned page. You want to preserve the scanned page until you've cropped each classmate's image. Picture Manager also has a compress feature that reduces the image for webpage or email use. This makes them upload much quicker. Once you get the process rolling, it goes pretty quickly. Good luck!

Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 2:09 PM - Response #7

I did exactly what Gary did, except I used my Canon digital camera software - ZoomExpress to crop them. We have over 900 graduates so you can bet it took me quite a long time to scan the yearbook pages, crop each individual picture and save it individually, then upload each picture to the classmate's profile. Whew... But it was worth it!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.