ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Using ZOOM to have a meeting with Classmates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/23/19 07:55 PM Views: 273 Replies: 10
Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 7:55 PM

We are considering using ZOOM to have a web Conference with our Classmates from time to time as a number of use live in different locations. Just wondering if any of our Class Creator users have tried this? What were your results/issues?

Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 3:51 PM - Response #1

We've not tried ZOOM, but we meet regularly using FreeConferenceCAll.com. We mostly just teleconference, but the site provides for screensharing and more.

Would be interested to see what benefits ZOOM provides.

Dave

Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 4:03 PM - Response #2

Not familiar with FreeConferenceCAll.com. ZOOM I think is more pervasive, it also allows you to "Share" a computer. Good for those times when folks Cannot figure out what to do..

Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 4:24 PM - Response #3

Our reunion and class president used Gotomeeting.com for our reunion committee and it has worked very well. It is a great way to meet and members can join in with computer or phone. It also has screen sharing with the computer and members can elect to be on camera or not.

Friday, January 25, 2019 at 2:31 AM - Response #4

Thanks for this thread as this is a topic on my 'to do' list! I need to look into these over the weekend and find someone to help with test runs.
Thanks again!

Friday, January 25, 2019 at 4:03 PM - Response #5

We used Life Chat in the beginning. We scheduled weekly times for anyone who wished to participate. Worked well for our purposes. Haven't done that in a while. This gives me the notion to try it again.

Monday, January 28, 2019 at 8:19 AM - Response #6

Dave Shellenbarger wrote:

We've not tried ZOOM, but we meet regularly using FreeConferenceCAll.com. We mostly just teleconference, but the site provides for screensharing and more.

Would be interested to see what benefits ZOOM provides.

Dave

I agree with FreeConferenceCall. It is a free service. You can use only the conference call version or the version that allows for meeting and screen sharing. I have used the conference call option for a long time. Works great and you get a report afterward re phone numbers on the call and for how long. You can also record the call and play back later. I recently used the meeting/screen sharing option for showing others how to use Edit Site Pages. It worked great. And, again, it is free.

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 5:09 PM - Response #7

I use Zoom frequently if you have any questions I am happy to help.

Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 1:19 AM - Response #8

Now I want to try FreeConferenceCall. Will need to find others to test with me. Thanks for this info, Barb!

Barb F wrote:

I agree with FreeConferenceCall. It is a free service. You can use only the conference call version or the version that allows for meeting and screen sharing. I have used the conference call option for a long time. Works great and you get a report afterward re phone numbers on the call and for how long. You can also record the call and play back later. I recently used the meeting/screen sharing option for showing others how to use Edit Site Pages. It worked great. And, again, it is free.

Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 1:21 AM - Response #9

Leeann,
Is Zoom free?
Leeann Naughton wrote:

I use Zoom frequently if you have any questions I am happy to help.

Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 3:42 PM - Response #10

It is free, unless you want meetings that extend over 40 minutes. I use it frequently and love it! So easy to use.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.