ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Resizing a classmate's photo on profile

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/11/12 02:17 PM Views: 1665 Replies: 11
Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Re: A photo place by a classmate on their profile

1) Do photos placed by classmates on their profile count in our File Vault.
- I believe they do, but let's get a definite answer.

2) Are admins able to re-size the photos added by classmates on the classmate's profile?

If #2 is a yes, it is not working for me. Sad I will wait for a reply.

Thanks!

Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM - Response #1

1. No, Classmate Profile photos are FREE. Classmate photos in the Gallery are NOT FREE.

2. Yes. To resize the photo, go to Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, click PHOTOS for the classmate and then edit the photo.

What are you doing (post the steps you are taking and initials of the classmate and description of the photo).

Maybe you just need to refresh your browser cache. If the photo is saved as the same name and the browser doesn't realize it has changed, it will keep displaying the cached version. You could try renaming the file on your home computer, resizing it, saving it, then re-uploading the photo.

A good FREE photo editor is www.irfanview.com (I use it and it is good). One feature I like (and used on my websites) is the panoramic photos. I used it for the classmate photo background on my website(s).

Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM - Response #2

1. No, Classmate Profile photos are FREE. Classmate photos in the Gallery are NOT FREE.

2. Yes. To resize the photo, go to Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, click PHOTOS for the classmate and then edit the photo.

What are you doing (post the steps you are taking and initials of the classmate and description of the photo).

Maybe you just need to refresh your browser cache. If the photo is saved as the same name and the browser doesn't realize it has changed, it will keep displaying the cached version. You could try renaming the file on your home computer, resizing it, saving it, then re-uploading the photo.

A good FREE photo editor is www.irfanview.com (I use it and it is good). One feature I like (and used on my websites) is the panoramic photos. I used it for the classmate photo background on my website(s).

Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 3:06 PM - Response #3

Kyle, at your suggestion, I just downloaded Irfanview. Haven't tried it but I do have a quick question .... During the download process, one of the pages Offered a selection of a gazillion formats. I wasnt sure so I just checked the box "None" Do you think I did the right thing? I can always uninstall and redo it per whatever you suggest.

Ken ... jefferson61.com

Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 3:30 PM - Response #4

the only formats I use are JPG and GIF. Mostly it is JPG. I don't think you need all of the other formats, but if you find that you do, you can always reinstall it.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 3:41 PM - Response #5

Kyle, how did you get the post it note with the list of missing classmates on your home page?

Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 3:46 PM - Response #6

Ken Roberts wrote:

Kyle, at your suggestion, I just downloaded Irfanview. Haven't tried it but I do have a quick question .... During the download process, one of the pages Offered a selection of a gazillion formats. I wasnt sure so I just checked the box "None" Do you think I did the right thing? I can always uninstall and redo it per whatever you suggest.

Ken ... jefferson61.com

Ken,
I downloaded all those formats, and it comes in handy when someone sends you a photo that is NOT the most common, like jpg or gif. You can view the photo, and then save it in the format you want.

Kyle, can you batch resize with IrFanView?
If so, I haven't found it in the index.

Edited 08/11/12 3:48 PM
Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 4:31 PM - Response #7

I don't know about Batch resize. I haven't needed to do that.

If you need to edit a gif (animated graphic) the irfanview isn't the best. I have done that with Gimp (gimp.org). That one is also free (yes, I am CHEAP) maybe Gimp can do batch resize, but I haven't needed it.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 4:36 PM - Response #8

JUDY:
Here are the codes.... I use a graphic found on another website, so if they ever delete the image (post-it note) it will go away. If you want it more permanent, you should put it in your File Vault.

http://media.bonnint.net/birg/2/237/23793.png

is from a radio station website.

Edited 08/11/12 4:37 PM
Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 4:48 PM - Response #9

Thanks, Kyle!

Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM - Response #10

Kyle, can you batch resize with IrFanView?
If so, I haven't found it in the index.

I'm not Kyle but the answer to your question is yes and it is accessed by pressing "b" after you open IrFanView.

Edited 08/11/12 5:42 PM
Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 8:37 PM - Response #11

Thanks F C!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.