ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Advanced Design Templates

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/05/14 01:34 PM Views: 791 Replies: 6
Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 1:34 PM

My basic knowledge of PhotoShop Elements, may be too basic for me to undertake this endeavor of changing our Home Page look, but I thought I would post my question just in case someone can walk me through it.
I am using PhotoShop Elements and have my advanced design loaded into PSE. I do NOT know how to get the photos I want to use as 'documents for background' as described in the video. I may need more PSE knowledge in order to do this, but wanted to give it a try.

Sunday, January 19, 2014 at 11:07 PM - Response #1

Just to acknowledge your post Kathy... sorry wish I could help, am an amateur with Photoshop and have only played with some simple editing tools in CS and CS4. I think to add a photo/picture you first create a new layer, then paste your picture into the new layer. Might refer to the Help tab in Elements for tutorials, that would be my best suggestion. Wish you all the best!

Edited 01/19/14 11:08 PM
Monday, January 20, 2014 at 12:57 PM - Response #2

Can you tell me the exact part of the video you're referring to? Also, tell me specifically what you're trying to accomplish. If I know the end goal I cam probably help.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 5:58 PM - Response #3

We are using the template from the 60's, which we like but would like to make a couple minor changes to it. For instance I would like to make the ribbon green instead of the current gray. I have extensive knowledge of Photoshop, how can I get into the template file to make the change?

Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 7:34 PM - Response #4

In the regular 60s template the ribbon takes on the school primary color. So just change that to green. If you want to make custom Photoshop edits you need to use one of the 3 advanced design templates. I'm sure you already know that, just want to be very clear that only 3 templates on Class Creator can be customized with Photoshop.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 12:52 AM - Response #5

I do realize that our template is not one of the advanced design templates. How do I get the ribbon in the 60's template to take on the school primary color (green)? Can you give me the pathway? Thanks!

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 12:03 PM - Response #6

Go to Change Design, page down to Site Colors, click on the little box next to Primary Color and pick the shade of green that you want to use.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.