ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate does not want email change sent to old email address

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/29/19 11:31 AM Views: 627 Replies: 8
Friday, March 29, 2019 at 11:31 AM

I imagine this has been discussed before but I couldn't find it. I have a classmate that wants me to change his email but he does NOT want an email going to the old email address. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with keeping this email from someone....

I can't do this, but if he goes in and changes it, will it still send an email to the email address he doesn't want it to go to?

Denise D.
FHS Class of 1971

Friday, March 29, 2019 at 4:28 PM - Response #1

If anyone changes his/her email address by going to Member Functions/Edit Contact Info and typing in a new primary email, it should not send an email to the old email address. I say this because I tried changing my primary email (without clicking SAVE CHANGES) and there was no warning like there is if we, as admins, change someone's primary email.

Friday, March 29, 2019 at 4:31 PM - Response #2

Thank you. I am going to copy and paste this to a message to him. Bottom line: these classmates want me doing everything for them, esp. if they have been in industries which did not require a lot of computer knowledge as this man has. But he's going to have to do this himself. Period. The only other thing is for him to give me his password for a day and me pretend I am him, I guess. I'm really not going to give him that option.

Friday, March 29, 2019 at 8:19 PM - Response #3

Denise Derge wrote:

I imagine this has been discussed before but I couldn't find it. I have a classmate that wants me to change his email but he does NOT want an email going to the old email address. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with keeping this email from someone....

I can't do this, but if he goes in and changes it, will it still send an email to the email address he doesn't want it to go to?

Denise D.
FHS Class of 1971

Denise are you saying you are not an admin person for the siteQuestionQuestion

Friday, March 29, 2019 at 9:06 PM - Response #4

I am the root administrator.

Friday, March 29, 2019 at 10:38 PM - Response #5

Denise Derge wrote:

I am the root administrator.

You don't have to be the root admin to do it as long as you have permission to make changes

I am not the root admin on this site but I can doo everything Rolling EyesIdea

Friday, March 29, 2019 at 11:29 PM - Response #6

I know I can make changes. The problem is that the system sends an email to the former email address, and he doesn’t want that. Apparently he shares that with his wife, and he doesn’t want her to know about the new email address.

Monday, April 1, 2019 at 10:33 AM - Response #7

Correct. The only way to get around that notification going out is for him to log in and make the change, or for him to give you the password so that you can log in as him and do it for him.

Monday, April 1, 2019 at 12:19 PM - Response #8

He and his sister (whom I remember but she was 12 years younger) called me yesterday. I was also right about his wife being jealous. Don't know the whole story, don't want to, but those of us at this for awhile recognize the red flags. I was able to walk them through and I said if any problem, text me and I would go in as him. (I've known him since we were 12) However, I was able to see later that he had gotten in. Problem solved.

Isn't life interesting? Mine is pretty boring.

Denise

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.