ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Need some creative ideas!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/12/11 09:48 PM Views: 1723 Replies: 4
Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 9:48 PM

We are running different ideas for raising funds for the 40th reunion. One of the classmates has offered $2,000. We are going to run a match funds to other classmates. If they pay $10.00 he will match their funds of $10.00. With a cap of $2,000. He would like a tie in with the class military vets. Something like "funds are provided by Mike in honor of all the class members who have served in the military"

What I am looking for are ideas on how to post it on the home page. We thought maybe a star for every $50 that is donated. Mike may have stars to give or something. Any ideas or feed back out there?

Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 11:12 AM - Response #1

You could make a Veteran's Tribute Page..I did that on my site..you are welcome to look at it.
Then you can link to the Vet Page on your home page.
You could say something like.
We have a donor that will match funds up to $2,000. You could suggest an amount like for every $5, $10 or $20 you donate to your favorite vet on the Vet page..it will be matched by 'Mike' up to $2,000. Then you could star the vets for each $5. Or do a color scheme..like bronze for $5, Silver, $10, Gold, $15, Platinum, $20...etc. Or make the colors a range of donations..like bronze, $5-$10...etc etc.
Your statement 'funds are provided by Mike in honor of all the class members who have served in the military' can be fitted in someplace.
I hope some of these ideas help!

Friday, January 14, 2011 at 8:00 PM - Response #2

The above sounds like a great idea. I did a reunion fundraiser on our site before I had the ability to register and pay on site and people sent in checks. I listed all the donors on a special donor page, but I didn't list amounts. I talked to my committee and they agreed that it might stop people from contributing smaller amounts or it might make those who couldn't donate a lot feel badly. Just thought I'd mention that for what it's worth.

If people can register and pay for the reunion on your site, you can also add a box for them to donate with several amount options, to be added to their reunion registration fees.

I also thanked everyone on the Message Forum page as the donations came in and sent them an individual, personalized thank you from the site. A group email to all members helped get donations started too. After 2 weeks, I did a follow-up progress report and resolicitation.

If you have a large class, tell them to keep the donations coming! You don't want to limit your donations to $2000. You are lucky to have such a generous classmate!

Good luck.
Retha

Friday, January 14, 2011 at 9:35 PM - Response #3

I like Retha's last paragraph:
Quote:

If you have a large class, tell them to keep the donations coming! You don't want to limit your donations to $2000. You are lucky to have such a generous classmate!

In your promotion of the matching funds offer, tell your class you welcome others who might want to also make a matching fund donation to extend this offer beyond donor #1, whether it's as a tribute to the class vets or another cause they would like to name.

Edited 01/14/11 9:36 PM
Friday, January 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM - Response #4

Here's something I had never noticed until today: Go to your profiles page and click on the Military Service link. Drag across the list of veterans, copy it and paste it into a Text Editor program such as Notepad. Here's what you'll see:

A list that includes the branch of service. It would make it easier to manually sort the list by branch. You'll also see the last update, if that update was within the last six months and you'll see the double asterisk indicating a deceased member.

I suspect the words are "place holders" that create the display of the flag and the yellow star icons.

Alan J Anderson [US Army]
Richard D Anger ** [U.S. Army]
Douglas E Ashford [Army]
George H Ashley [Last updated 12/3/10] [Navy]
John J Bailey ** [US Army]
William R Bambusch ** [U.S. Navy]
Thomas C Barrett [army reserve]
Eugene L Bauman [USAF]
Michael C Becker [Navy]
James E Betts [U.S. Navy]
James A Billins ** [US Army]
Ralph F Bowers ** [US Marines]
Gerald E Brown ** [U.S. Navy]
Lyndon F Burleigh [Air Force]
Larry J Cameron ** [US Army]
John Chidester [Last updated 12/23/10] [US Army]
Michael P Cogley [National Guard]
Milton I Coon [Last updated 1/2/11] [US Army 1968 to 1970]
Robert J Cowan ** [US Navy]

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.