ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Posting a long video

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/29/10 10:45 AM Views: 2712 Replies: 4
Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 10:45 AM

I received an hour long video of a past reunion, and I would like to post it on the site. It is to long for Youtube. I could break it down in 15 minute sections for Youtube, but not sure how to go about it. Any ideas on how I can do that or other ideas on how to post the video? Thanks Laughing

Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 11:39 PM - Response #1

The easiest way to do it, although not necessarily the most convenient for the viewer, is to break it into 6 sections like you indicated and post it on Youtube. Unless something has changed I think Youtube's max video length is 10 minutes.

Another way to do it would be to convert your video to Flash, post it in your File Vault, and embed it on your site. Let me know if you'd like to pursue this. An hour long video will take up a huge amount of File Vault space though, so you might not want to take up your web site space like that. You can purchase more File vault space for $3 a month if you want to consider this though.

A third way to do it would be to add standard web hosting space from Classnames.net or any other web host and host the video there. That comes with a small additional monthly fee, so you might want to consider the YouTube option with 6 pieces. More convenient for end user this way though. I'd probably only do this if planning to host more than just this 1 video.

Finally you might want to search Google for "free video host". There's a lot of hosts out there, many will probably put an ad on the video, but free is free. I've never used any of these so I'm not sure if they'd allow an hour long video or not. Worth a look though.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 1:26 PM - Response #2

Ok Brad, I pick the option of breaking it down into smaller files to upload to Youtube. Any hints on how to do that? Everything I have on my computer will play it but not break it down and record it. Thanks

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 3:55 PM - Response #3

You can use Windows Movie Maker to accomplish this... http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx

Friday, April 27, 2012 at 5:28 PM - Response #4

Does anyone know of a program that will take a DVD+R video (30th Reunion) and allow me to take it into IMovie to cut video and photos to use for our 50th Reunion slide show??? I don't want to use all of the 30th DVD.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.