New Topic Subscription Options  

“Blank” site on loading

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/26/18 12:57 PM Views: 1311 Replies: 13
Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at 12:57 PM

One of the sites that I created and admin for is not loading

The url is http://www.bhs63reunion.com/

I’ve tried on different systems with different browsers and different locations

I’m at a loss as to what might be going on, although as I wrote that, I remember receiving an email from the site owner that she had just renewed the domain for 5 years with GoDaddy just yesterday

I only started having this problem hours later when I logged into the site for the first time since it was renewed

Could there be a connection?

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at 1:37 PM - Response #1

DNS A-record is incorrect.

See this link for how it is set up. 50.63.202.11 is GoDaddy not CC

Just have site owner fix the A-Record. Probably 69.41.171.205 but CC needs to verify for your site. Last 3 digits can vary.

Edited 09/26/18 1:39 PM
Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at 2:29 PM - Response #2

Seems to be working for me.
I see that you updated the registration at GoDaddy yesterday.
Domain Name: BHS63REUNION.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1749479483_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2018-09-25T18:12:34Z
Creation Date: 2012-10-02T22:05:15Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2023-10-02T22:05:15Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC

If the site is still not coming up for you, you could try clearing your cache and history. Then also, unplug your internet box for 60 seconds to clear its internal memory as well.

That should solve the issue.

Scott

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at 2:49 PM - Response #3

Don't know how, but looks like you might have the cache issue Scott. Can't possibly work since the A-record IPs are 50.63.202.11 AND 184.168.221.29), BOTH are GODADDY, not CC.

Look at the links I gave above to see the issue.

You can get an addon for FireFox, Chrome and Opera that shows you the IP being used. You will get one or the other above. I just found out that browsers will randomly rotate between two A-records.

Or you typed the wrong URL? He's not talking about the site he's posting from (http://www.bhsreunion69.com/) That works. IP: 69.41.171.62

NONE of my browsers work.

(command ipconfig /flushdns will refresh one's resolver cache. )

Edited 09/26/18 2:53 PM
Friday, September 28, 2018 at 11:03 AM - Response #4

Not sure if he resolved the domain name IP address or if everything just started working on its own, but I have no issues going to his domain name now. One thing that I have see before is that if a domain name expires at GoDaddy, the IP address can automatically be reset to their own servers. Seems like this one is resolved.

Friday, September 28, 2018 at 12:37 PM - Response #5

Sorry

My first chance to check back for responses

I’m still having problem and getting reports of same from others

I have no idea how to change A-record IPs

I go in to manage DNS at Godaddy for this account and see nothing looking like these IP address?

I’d love to give this fix a try!

Friday, September 28, 2018 at 12:53 PM - Response #6

I have no idea how Scott's link is working. The A records are incorrect. Neither 184.168.221.19 nor the prior 50.63.202.22 are CC. Both are GoDaddy IP addresses. I can only surmise that Scott has a cached version of a PRIOR DNS data somewhere in the chain.

Scott what IP does your browser say it is using? Use the addon I mentioned for Firefox. It's called "ShowIP" It is NOT the site he's posting from. That works.

This LINK shows how it is propagating (shows 2, since there are 2 A-records. Varies depending on which location. Both are supposed to go to the same server. And they do, GoDaddy, not classcreator)

This link shows the current A-records
184.168.221.19 for bhs63reunion.com
50.63.202.3 for www.bhs63reunion.com

IOW, right now nothing will work. If the A-record is changed it might take a day to update around the world.

Edited 09/28/18 1:47 PM
Friday, September 28, 2018 at 12:56 PM - Response #7

Jeff Hudson wrote:

Sorry

I go in to manage DNS at Godaddy for this account and see nothing looking like these IP address?

What IP do you see?? I'm assuming you are seeing the A-records. Don't know how GoDaddy interface looks, but some I've seen are pretty hard to figure out. They sort of make it hard to change from THEIR servers.

Friday, September 28, 2018 at 3:11 PM - Response #8

Alright, scratch my previous comment. You are also associated with the class of 69 and that was the link my system interface was providing to me and therefore I was clicking to the wrong domain name. Sorry for that confusion.

69.41.171.205 Is the IP address that you need to have set in your GoDaddy interface. If you need assistance setting that up, you will need to give them a call and they can certainly assist you further.

Friday, September 28, 2018 at 3:42 PM - Response #9

Thanks, Scott!

I apologize for not emphasizing the different url, as to the similarities of the two

I remember thinking that I needed to stress that... and then I never did!!

Thanks again and I will report back with the results!

Jeff

Friday, September 28, 2018 at 4:27 PM - Response #10

My fault, not yours. I wish my internal system would list all associated sites when I pick up a ticket from an admin.

Friday, September 28, 2018 at 8:41 PM - Response #11

In response #3 I noted that the incorrect URL is being looked at Idea

Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 9:08 AM - Response #12

Many thanks to Jack Vermeulen and Scott Mastenbrook for the diagnosis and the cure for my problem!

An incorrect IP address was indeed my ailment and, with the help of GoDaddy Support, I was easily able to edit it myself!

Jeff

Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 1:12 PM - Response #13

Great to hear!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.