ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

playlist.com problem

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/24/12 04:52 AM Views: 1337 Replies: 12
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 4:52 AM

my playlist is no longer functioning. what am i doing wrong?

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 8:54 AM - Response #1

MaryHelen,

Is it a playlist you created? If not, whoever created the playlist might have deleted the contents of the playlist. It says the playlist is empty.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM - Response #2

My playlist is empty, also.. I haven't done a thing with it.. It was working fine yesterday or the day before..

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM - Response #3

It's not just you.... Playlist.com is down also. A temporary problem, I'm sure. (I should say hope :rollSmile

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 9:34 AM - Response #4

I did some searching around the playlist.com site and was finally able to find my playlists (they came up "empty" when I first arrived)...but the songs will only play on their site. None of my embedded songs work. They do have a brand new site that you can link to. I don't see any option to "embed" on the new site and the embed option won't load on the old one. I have written to them, but the site says it could be several days before they answer. Hoping someone here has more info?

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 9:40 AM - Response #5

Hmmmm, when I tried to go to playlist.com, my browser said page not found.

Barbara

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 9:42 AM - Response #6

Either way, it's obviously a problem on their end, and should be up and running shortly... (again, hopefully)

Barbara

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM - Response #7

Mine's ok. 7:20am PDT.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 10:28 AM - Response #8

I'm back up as well...

Barbara Paris

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 5:13 PM - Response #9

Just checked mine A OK 4:13pm CST

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 7:41 PM - Response #10

[i]Kyle, I have a question. It's really a new topic. I wrote in one of my right modules(the donation one). Well, you guessed it, all my announcements went to the bottom of all the right modules. And, yes, I knew why. My 'donate' message was too wide for the page. So I cut all of it, put it in the announcements, and mistakenly thought the right modules would go back to their original size. [b]They didn't![b]So what now? How do I get everything back to normal. I don't want to keep asking you. I need to do it for myself, also. Please help.
Barbara [/i]

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 8:11 PM - Response #11

Barbara,

Here is how you can verify/fix this yourself....

Edit Site Pages
Edit Home Page
DEACTIVATE the donations module
Now view your home page. If it looks right, you know that it is the DONATIONS module.
Edit Site Pages
Edit Home Page
Activate the Donations Module
Click MANAGE DONATIONS
Click SOURCE to see the codes
If you ever see a bunch of &_nbsp; codes (without the underline) this stands for non-blank-space, which means it is a code that will not wrap when the line needs to wrap. If you have several of these codes or letters without spaces in between them, that causes the module (or announcement) to not wrap, so it expands the module to be too big.

After you are done removing the &_nbsp; codes, save the module and view your home page. If it is back to normal, you are done!!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 8:39 PM - Response #12

Kyle,
Thanks a bunch w/ cherries on top!! I'm going to copy and paste this into a file; AND I'm going to try it right now.
Barbara

Edited 04/24/12 8:40 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.