ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmates without an email

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/11/11 04:59 PM Views: 1440 Replies: 8
Friday, February 11, 2011 at 4:59 PM

I have about 15 classmates with no email accounts. Therefore they can not sign into the site and get verified. Is there a way to list their street, city, etc. without an email and make it so other classmates can see their contact information?

The non-email classmates will, of course, not get a mass email that the administrator sends but at least others know they are alive and kicking.

Thanks, ED

Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 8:43 AM - Response #1

Ed,

I would get their permission before listing their street, city, and phone number, etc. These items are considered by many to be private.

In order to list this information which is normally private and only viewable by the admin unless the classmate creates a profile and gives permission, you would need to add this information to a COMMENTS or some other profile question and then turn on the option to show admin-entered profile items of non-subscribed classmates.

This feature can be turned on by following these steps:
Manage Classmates, then at the top, select this option (which you already have done)
   Show Admin-entered Classmate Profile details prior to Classmate joining the site.
    Show only to logged-in Classmates

Since this option is only for PROFILE DETAILS, it doesn't include CONTACT DETAILS which are considered private.

Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 9:02 AM - Response #2

About the privacy issue Kyle mentioned.
We would like to download our contact and profile information to use in a reunion give away memory/souvenir book. Are there legal permission ramifications here and how have others worked this issue?

Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 9:27 AM - Response #3

Yes....we put a disclaimer on our profile questionaire we sent snail mail. if you would like a copy of that form..email me personally..and I will email you a copy. it's a word doc.
Arnold Collens wrote:

We would like to download our contact and profile information to use in a reunion give away memory/souvenir book. Are there legal permission ramifications here and how have others worked this issue?

Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 9:30 AM - Response #4

Ditto to what Kyle said..you should...maybe must get their permission. You can toggle on the privacy switches yourself..we have many classmates on our site that don't want all their info visible. Put Not missing in the email addy box...and if you only have a phone number you can fudge the address..like 123 no where st. etc etc. Entering this will take them off your missing classmates list..Depending ont he criteria you set for your missing classmates.
I hope this helps.Kyle Erickson wrote:

Ed,

I would get their permission before listing their street, city, and phone number, etc. These items are considered by many to be private.

In order to list this information which is normally private and only viewable by the admin unless the classmate creates a profile and gives permission, you would need to add this information to a COMMENTS or some other profile question and then turn on the option to show admin-entered profile items of non-subscribed classmates.

This feature can be turned on by following these steps:
Manage Classmates, then at the top, select this option (which you already have done)
   Show Admin-entered Classmate Profile details prior to Classmate joining the site.
    Show only to logged-in Classmates

Since this option is only for PROFILE DETAILS, it doesn't include CONTACT DETAILS which are considered private.

Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 2:24 AM - Response #5

I am still confused.

Please help us understand what happens when a classmate tries to set up their profile.

The first screen as for their email. If you do not put it in you cannot proceed.

HELP?

Burt

Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 11:30 AM - Response #6

Are you inputting the contact information for your classmate's profile yourself??? The classmate w/o an email addy has to be added by an admin. using manage classmates. You must add his name in manually..if s/he isn't in your classmate database. Once you have done that..then you can continue on to the profile page.
Contact info is the first screen the profile page is next..which is an option.
I hope this helps!!!

Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 11:45 AM - Response #7
AHSContactIinfoFormWithOutOrderfoMemBks.doc

Since so many emailed me privately about our Contact Information form with the disclaimer, I have decided to attach it here. Feel free to tweak it!!!

Webmaster Darlene wrote:

Yes....we put a disclaimer on our profile questionaire we sent snail mail. if you would like a copy of that form..email me personally..and I will email you a copy. it's a word doc.
Arnold Collens wrote:

Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 11:01 AM - Response #8

Why don't you set up gmail accounts for them and give them and give them the information? Then you can ask them what information they would like their classmates to see in the profile and you can do it for them, or they can find a friend with internet access and do it themselves.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.