ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Reunion Count

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/15/11 08:24 PM Views: 1453 Replies: 13
Friday, July 15, 2011 at 8:24 PM

I would like to know why my "Attending Reunion Tickets" count on the Classmates profile page is different (less) than my Reunion Planner Count of tickets.

Friday, July 15, 2011 at 9:33 PM - Response #1

The ATTENDING REUNION flag on Classmate Profiles is only counting the classmate. The Reunion Planner Count is the classmate AND SPOUSE/GUEST.

Saturday, July 16, 2011 at 1:00 AM - Response #2

It would seem to be a very logical update to put a count field next to the Yes/No question, as to whether they are attending the reunion. If yes, they could specify how many are coming in the count field and then we would have a more accurate attendance count.

Saturday, July 16, 2011 at 1:10 AM - Response #3

The ATTENDING REUNION on the Classmate Profiles page is meant to generate excitement for the reunion. It is meant to indicate INTENT to attend the reunion. People visit the Classmate Profiles page and don't really care how many people they are bringing, only if they are coming or not to the reunion.

The accurate numbers of tickets sold can be found on the Reunion Planner/Attendees page.

Saturday, July 16, 2011 at 1:25 PM - Response #4

Richard Hays wrote:

It would seem to be a very logical update to put a count field next to the Yes/No question, as to whether they are attending the reunion. If yes, they could specify how many are coming in the count field and then we would have a more accurate attendance count.

Kyle, I think that idea actually matches your "generate excitement for the reunion". Implementing such a simple feature Enhances excitement.

Seems like a natural (and logical) idea to me.

(Yes, the Reunion report is the actual thing, but that's really a different thing just like it is now.)

Saturday, July 16, 2011 at 2:17 PM - Response #5

I will add it as an enhancement request. Here is what I am going to say...., Any more suggestions?

It seems to me that the ATTENDING REUNION Icon could be redesigned, so if it was plain, it would indicate intent, if they actually filled out their reunion survey and said they were coming alone, there could be a separate icon with the current ATTENDING REUNION icon with a "1" superimposed over the top of the icon. If they are bringing a guest, ATTENDING REUNION with a "2" superimposed over the icon.

Then depending upon the icon selected, there could be different counts that display in the legend: the number intending to attend, the number of singles, and the number of couples.

These are just my ideas, but it could be done a different way, too.

I don't really like the idea of having a PROFILE GENERATOR question saying how many people you are bringing to the reunion when it is already found on the REUNION SURVEY.

Saturday, July 16, 2011 at 3:03 PM - Response #6

The different ICONs address another subconscious question I had - perfect. That would be a terrific visual aid.

Not sure what you meant by Profile Generator vs Reunion Survey remark. Did you mean the actual Reunion page which is not a "survey" in my mind. If that is what you meant: Does it matter if there are two places? They are two different things - intent vs actually starting the registration process.

Someone else noted in another post that the ICON could be an invitation for unscrupulous intent. So it would be a good idea to not show the icon if not logged in.

Saturday, July 16, 2011 at 3:48 PM - Response #7

When you click on your "30 year Reunion" link when you have an active reunion, there is a mandatory question that says "How many will you be bringing to the reunion", it is a drop-down menu item. If you choose "1", your name is automatically filled in. If you choose "2", your name is first, then there is a blank edit field for your first guest's name, etc. This is what I meant by the Reunion Survey.

Saturday, July 16, 2011 at 5:13 PM - Response #8

Lisa,

That is what I see as well even though on the profile it is broken down to how many and names. I'm new at this so am still confused. I'm keeping a manual list. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Becky

Saturday, July 16, 2011 at 6:04 PM - Response #9

Kyle: Not everyone uses all the features of the Reunion Planner like the Attemdees page, because some classes have chosen for one reason or another to use payment methods outside of ClassCreator. The class excitement may be one issue, but as committee members, all along the planning stages we are attempting to measure a variety of things, attendance being one of the main things. Unlike the average classmate curious as to whether Jane or Bill are coming, we are concerned with how many to plan for at the the location where we are having dinner, dance or other event. So having a good feel for the TOTAL attendees early on gives us an advantage in negotiating contracts and overall planning. So my suggestion about the count at time of registering on the web site provided what I just described much earlier than when they commit and pay, which may be months later. HOPE THIS NOW MAKES SENSE. If it doesn't perhaps I am missing something.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 12:00 PM - Response #10

Thanks for the insight. We will see what we can do.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 at 6:29 PM - Response #11

Hi Everyone, we just resolved our views of this terminology in our Reunion Committee. We have a Reunion Committee member serving as auditor. Having those with their specific talents handle their respective profession in our group works well, everyone knows audit means questions.

The profile based counts regarding intended reunion attendance posed a problem for our auditor once we activated our true Reunion Event Planner for ordered items and began to review those event attendance counts and names against our budget. The 40th Reunion Count was showing with a smaller number than what appears to have come from the question in the profile. Intent is good for some level of budget comparison. We ceased displaying of the Profile based reunion attendance question, but alas, can't adjust the Profile based count to match the Reunion Planner counts, tabulated after profiles were entered. I'm guessing these may be separate processes and data sources within Class Creator, understood.

We take intent a step further. We view the counts from the Reunion Planner Registration and Ordered Items forms as a firm promise of payment that best correlates to projected budget, budget conformance, and hopefully true attendance. We can followup as our date approaches. We plan to use all payment forms to include certified check/money order (which still presents the old check is in the mail scenario).

Money in our class bank account we can write a check on is considered paid funds with associated counts of reality. The actuals in budget vs actual. We have a no refunds policy. Any piece of paper or count otherwise is an outstanding promise of attendance/payment. The money may appear as funds to be transferred in reunion planner from credit card holdings, but our group can't write a check to any entity until the money is in our account. It took a few tries to get terminology consistent among our members.

I perhaps have confused everyone. Bottom line: Intent, possiblity, excitement to a point...then real money and committal. I find excitement appears most after a class e-mail, phone-a-thon, weekly website update, or committee meeting (now 24 members strong) local pub social (awww the best).

I hope our experience is helpful....Pat

Friday, March 9, 2012 at 1:31 PM - Response #12

Totally agree with Richard Hay's comment. We are using the actual school's site to purchase tickets instead of the classcreator website. Is there a way to keep count of attendees this way?

Since the classmates will NOT be using CC website to purchase tickets, is there a way to get the count without having to enter an event?

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 1:08 AM - Response #13

Hi All,

Please check your attending reunion count. We just posted the update.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.