ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Help & Tips - cannot access from website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/13/20 04:40 PM Views: 477 Replies: 10
Monday, July 13, 2020 at 4:40 PM

Fortunately, I’m able to log on to this forum from a past email notification.
Today, for the first time since 1994, when our website was created, it’s not possible to log on to Class Creator Help and Tips from our website.
Also today, What’s New is painfully slow. It takes several minutes to save a post to the class, or post an image or a video.
While the duplicates continue, it’s not satisfactory to be unable to reach any Administrator Forum. Adding content, images and videos on What’s New takes way too much time.
It’s time to hear from Brad with an update.

Monday, July 13, 2020 at 4:52 PM - Response #1

I didn't know you had to log onto Help & Tips. Once I'm logged onto my site, the Admin Functions menu appears. I click on Help & Tips and the page appears. Just checked it now.

Edited 07/13/20 4:58 PM
Monday, July 13, 2020 at 4:55 PM - Response #2

I am able to log on to Help & Tips from our website using “Not Secure” class website. I’m posting this message on “Not Secure” - forums.classcreator.
Any input appreciated.

Monday, July 13, 2020 at 4:56 PM - Response #3

Scott, your method is what I always used, until today. The Admin Help & Tips icon is currently visible on our “Secure” website but if I click on it, nothing happens or it’s a bunch of jumbled words.
Elena

Also, as of today, it’s slow as Moses to now post on this Forum. It used to take less than 2 seconds. There’s no difficulty on any other non class creator website.

Edited 07/13/20 7:10 PM
Monday, July 13, 2020 at 4:59 PM - Response #4

And my latest Forum post is a duplicate which never happened before today.

Monday, July 13, 2020 at 5:18 PM - Response #5
B69B1387-8737-41AF-A02D-DBAAA6183C59.png

Attached is a screenshot
if using Secure CC website for Admin.

Edited 07/13/20 5:19 PM
Monday, July 13, 2020 at 7:02 PM - Response #6

I've always been able to view posts on Help and Tips but if I want to post something I have to Log In. On rare occasions I am taken straight to the forums without having to Log In.

Either way, I have to click on Help and Tips from the drop down menu under the cogs icon on the website. What I've also done for when I'm not on the website but just want to check if anything new's been posted on the forums (can't rely on getting notified about it) is to create a desktop shortcut to these forums. Saves a little time.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 9:32 AM - Response #7

The situation I was experiencing yesterday has completely resolved itself, including painfully slow activity on What’s New & logging on to Help & Tips.
On my end, didn’t change a thing. If tech support facilitated, thank you. If aliens, thanks a bunch!

Edited 07/14/20 9:33 AM
Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 3:29 PM - Response #8

Spoke too soon.
On our Secure website it’s not possible to click Admin Help & Tips for ClassCreator. It was possible earlier today. Now it’s impossible.
I’m able to log on to Admin Forum through our Insecure website. Can tech support please look into this. Thank you

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 12:15 AM - Response #9

Hi Elena,

Sorry I saw the post where you thought it had resolved itself but not the one under it. We have several updates that are coming soon along with an announcement about SSL options to admins. Cleaning up a few things still but that is next. That should resolve any conflicts you see using the adjustments to your site that you added.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 10:45 AM - Response #10

I cannot log on to Help and Tips from our Secure website. I can only log on to Help and Tips Admin Forum from our Insecure website.
Also, I’m not receiving email Notifications unless I manually log on to this Forum,

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.