ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Uploading cvs file.

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/26/09 11:07 AM Views: 1285 Replies: 7
Sunday, April 26, 2009 at 11:07 AM

I would like to add all the names form our class to the website. However, there is current class information on the site. How do I insure that the cvs I upload will not overwrite the current information?

Edited 04/26/09 11:08 AM
Sunday, April 26, 2009 at 5:31 PM - Response #1

You can upload names using the upload feature. It will not overwrite the names that exist - it will let you know the following names existed and were not included in the upload.

Monday, April 27, 2009 at 4:34 AM - Response #2

Thank you, this worked fine.

Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 1:35 PM - Response #3
classlist 05-07-09.csv

I am trying to upload a csv file of all my classmates after deleting bounced emails. I keep getting an error that my phone numbers are not valid numbers

Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 2:40 PM - Response #4

Use Excel's sarch feature and search for: ,

If you find any commas in your document remove them and try your upload again. If you're still not successful email your .csv file to brad@classcreator.com and I'll check it out.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 1:48 PM - Response #5
CSHS79classlist5_28.csv

I don’t know why I am so dyspeptic about doing this… My site has been up since March. I have 150 people logged on (34%).
I just now received the mailing list from the 25th reunion. I want to upload the names and addresses from that list to supplement the ones that have already joined (to make mailings easier).
There’s been a lot of relocating between the 25th reunion and this one.
Which record wins in the upload war? The one that the classmate entered for the 30th, or the one that I’m ready to upload?

(add the slightly green/ nauseous emoticon HERE)

Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 6:05 PM - Response #6

The existing record wins. You cannot batch upload/replace an existing record. If our system allowed that, you could potentially blow away data entered by your members. Having said that, if you have Classmates who have not joined your site at all, and their records have virtually no data, by all means use the Reset Classmates button and ONLY select those Classmates and remove them from your system. If you do that first, you can then batch upload those records again to include all in the info you desire.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 7:02 PM - Response #7

Thanks!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.