ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

active count

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/20/08 09:37 PM Views: 1537 Replies: 7
Wednesday, August 20, 2008 at 9:37 PM

I have what could potentially be the dumbest question ever. I count how many profiles are current and how many people live in which states and the two totals agree. This total, however, is different from the number of "active classmates". That is one less than the other two totals. I realize it has been 30 years since I graduated but, if I can put this site together, I should be able to count to 100. Why is the active number different? Thanks. Tam

Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 12:47 AM - Response #1

Well now, isn't that a good question? And the answer is, I haven't a clue. How about that? See ya even stumped me this time. I can only imagine that the programmer is counting you as the Administrator, and everybody else as a Classmate. Thus maybe you're not reflected in the total number of Classmates. If I'm right we'll have to fix this, as you are a Classmate too and should be counted. I'll find out an answer for you on this.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 2:44 AM - Response #2

I was wrong. Smile

Answer from Mike Johnston, programmer: In the Where They Live box, it displays who lives where whether that person has ever logged into the system or not. On the statistics page however, your Active count is only those who have logged in. Thus, 1 out of the 100 total people in the Where They Live box has never logged in.

Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 5:31 PM - Response #3

I think I found the problem. I reviewed the details of the classmates registered and found one page that showed no option for password. When I went to that person's profile, it says "If you are so and so click here to update your profile". How do I add the password option before contacting that person? Thanks for your help. Tam

Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 7:38 PM - Response #4

You wouldn't typically sign up on behalf of a Classmate, but if you want to pretend to to be them, you can click and sign up as them, create a password for them, and then tell them what it is. They'll miss the signup process, all the instructions, and the chance to batch subscribe to other classmate Profiles though. Which is generally why I wouldn't recommend this.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 12:22 PM - Response #5

I have the same issue, I have 75 registered but only 74 active. The only thing I can find is that one person has opted out of receiving updates. Does that make him inactive?

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 3:39 PM - Response #6

Dick Pearse wrote:

I have the same issue, I have 75 registered but only 74 active. The only thing I can find is that one person has opted out of receiving updates. Does that make him inactive?

Maybe the ACTIVE count doesn't include GUEST MEMBERS (you have one guest member who has logged in).

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 4:10 PM - Response #7

That makes sense. Thanks..

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.