ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How to change the icon?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/01/17 07:48 AM Views: 791 Replies: 3
Thursday, June 1, 2017 at 7:48 AM

If you would like the rose next to the deceased classmate instead of the two stars, how do you fix this? thanks... Christi

Thursday, June 1, 2017 at 8:02 AM - Response #1

The "**" means that the classmate has died, but there is no other information. The ROSE ICON means that there is additional information, such as an obituary or comment to view.

To make it so that the classmate has a ROSE icon, just visit the In Memory page and add a comment, like "Rest in peace". You could also add an obituary for the classmate if you can find one.

Thursday, June 1, 2017 at 10:52 PM - Response #2

Thank you! I was just searching for this myself!! ??

Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 3:57 PM - Response #3

Christi,

Kyle's suggestions are correct. I have made it a point to place a 'header' at the top of each In Memory page, such as the following example:

Jane Doe
June 00, 1900 - Jun 00, 2020

I center the two lines, bold the name and make it 16 pt. I try to do this for each member and always search for an obituary. If I do not know either date, I do not input anything. If I know one of the dates, the other is blank or a question mark. The one or two lines I add will add the rose behind the name.

Note: If I find an obituary, I copy & paste it from the source. I do not use the field to insert a link to the obituary as it shows on the page and simply does not look good.

Edited 06/08/17 3:59 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.