ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

homepage announcement

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/28/14 09:08 AM Views: 789 Replies: 7
Monday, July 28, 2014 at 9:08 AM

Hi, I know now this has something to do with how I am choosing to 'paste content'...I think.
1. I received an e-mail that I wanted to copy & paste onto my home page (text only).
2. I RIGHT clicked on the body and 'copied'. The format was nice; the writing was a good size and in color in paragraph form.
3. Going to my site I did the following: clicked on "edit site pages", then "Edit homepage", then "Edit announcements", then "Create new announcement".
4. On the blank page for the new announcement, (under formatting) on top, I clicked on the first "paste" button. I AM THINKING I SHOULD HAV E PASTED AS 'PLAIN TEXT'.
5. The result is that the article appeared as a skinny little line, long long line, way below all the right side modules. I'm so tired of NOT GETTING IT RIGHT and having to ask you for help.
Please help.
Barbara

Monday, July 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM - Response #1

Try pasting the content in Notepad or some text editor first. This should strip out all hidden codes. Then copy the text only from the text editor and repeat your above steps. You could also try the PASTE FROM WORD icon when you paste to see if that helps.

Monday, July 28, 2014 at 9:42 AM - Response #2

If all else fails, retype it!

Monday, July 28, 2014 at 11:00 AM - Response #3

Hi Barbara,
There are many times I am in the right click copy > right click paste mode. On occasion, I copy a cell the text was in and obviously not visible. That is when I open Notepad. Notepad is a great go-to. If you are having problems on somewhat of a regular basis, get in the habit of pasting into Notepad first and you'll be rolling right along.
Very Happy

Stephanie,
Thanks for the laugh! Something would have to be very important for me to retype it at this time.
Smile

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at 11:33 AM - Response #4

Gwen, I have a Mac so would it be Notes for this procedure?
kk

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at 12:02 PM - Response #5

Hi Karen,

Look for TextEdit on a Mac.

Hope this helps! Smile

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at 1:24 PM - Response #6

Found it! Now if I can remember when/how to use it when I find something to copy and paste on the website.
kk
javascript:addSmiley('Razz');

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at 1:36 PM - Response #7

Great, Karen! Very Happy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.