ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Difficulties loading page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/12/15 09:45 AM Views: 1273 Replies: 6
Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 9:45 AM

Would you please take a look at my 40s-50s Christmas' page. It takes forever to load; and when it does, it is almost impossible to edit--most of the time it crashes. This does not happen on any of the other pages I open or edit.

I decided it was Firefox's fault and changed to Chrome this morning, but that proved even worse.

Thanks so much!
Carole

Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 10:07 AM - Response #1

Carol,

When I looked at the page, I saw that there were about 1000 blank lines at the end that didn't need to be there, so I deleted them. I think that will speed up the page load. The editor was saving as a draft, so the page changes I made will not be seen until you choose "Take my changes live"

The "Candy Bomber"'s daughter lives just up the street from me. It is amazing that he still flies airplanes and earlier this year he did a re-enactment of the candy bomber flight in my city.

Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 10:26 AM - Response #2

That it amazing--you know of the Candy Bomber and he flew in your city! How old is he and what state are you in?

Thanks for your help--I don't know where the extra lines came from. I'll go check my Christmas page now.

Thanks!
Carole

Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 10:37 AM - Response #3

Thanks so much, Kyle. I just loaded and edited my Christmas page without hassle.

Carole

Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 2:44 PM - Response #4

Glad it fixed the problem.

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/ce...71-e5ea6a038ec9.html

He is 94 years old!!

Sunday, December 13, 2015 at 12:42 AM - Response #5

Thanks so much for the link! I'm going to use the material as a follow-up to last year's story. There's so much info there that I'm not sure how to get it all in--I want to include the Tom Brokaw interview that's mentioned too.

Again Kyle, thanks so very much!
Carole

Sunday, December 13, 2015 at 9:19 AM - Response #6

You're welcome

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.