ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Can't send pdf with email class link

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/25/11 10:44 PM Views: 1591 Replies: 5
Saturday, June 25, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Kyle,
You helped me with this previously. When I try to "email the class" with their June newsletter it links me to the classcreator website. Can you get into my saved emails and see what I'm doing wrong. I think it's in the Source code.
Judy Willis

Saturday, June 25, 2011 at 11:39 PM - Response #1

You can find the instructions HERE. Scroll down to the headline "How to include a PDF in Email the Class"

Edited 06/25/11 11:40 PM
Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 4:43 PM - Response #2

Kyle,
You are the one who helped me before. You have always been able to assist me. Simply reading instructions isn't the same as someone actually servicing your need. That's what's made this site great not someone saying, "It's in the book." That's what we got in high school.
Judy

Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 7:08 PM - Response #3

John's link is pretty much what Kyle would/will say.

The short answer is: upload the PDF to your file vault, make a link in your email pointing to the PDF.

More precise details at John's linkWink

But maybe you are talking about something totally differentQuestion

Edited 06/26/11 7:09 PM
Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 8:14 PM - Response #4

Jack,
It isn't what Kyle would say; it's what he would do to help. That's the big difference and what makes this site different from any other...service to the customer. Sorry we see it differently. I'll get it eventually on my own.
Judy

Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 9:27 PM - Response #5

Hi Judith,

John's instructions are great. Let me know if you got it working. Copying his instuctions here so they will be searchable:

While your email is open...

1. Type the words that you'll use as the clickable link "Download PDF" for example
2. Select those words
3. Click on the link (globe/chain) icon
4. When the pop-up opens, click on FILE VAULT
5A. If the PDF is already in the File Vault, select it and click on the "Insert" button that appears
5B. if the file is NOT in the File Vault, click on the BROWSE button to locate the PDF file on your computer and then click on the "Upload" button to upload it.
6. Now add the root URL of your website in front of the link shown:

The link to your file vault item will start with "/000..." You'll need to type the root URL of your site in front of the first slash http://www.mywebsitename.com

The link should now be completed - Save your email and test it.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.