ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Subscribing to a deceased profile

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/06/11 05:03 PM Views: 1243 Replies: 3
Sunday, February 6, 2011 at 5:03 PM

I looked everywhere and couldn't find this. I had a classmate ask me if he could subscribe to his buddy who died a long time ago, so he could see when new comments were made to that profile. Is this doable?

Denise

Monday, February 7, 2011 at 11:13 AM - Response #1

Currently, no. However, we will be introducing some new functionality very soon that will include this functionality. It is under development now and will be released.... sorry can't give that up right now. Smile - but it will be soon. Smile

Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM - Response #2

I'd like to clarify what happens with a classmate's account when I switch an active profile to "In Memory". Although I have a number of "In Memory" listing on my site, the obit I've just added is only the second one where I've switched status from an active profile to "In Memory".

For this classmate, I wanted to leave her profile "active" so people could see information she entered. When her family discontinued her email address, I started getting bouncebacks. I couldn't find a way to leave the profile active without an email address, so I entered one of my old unused ones. Today I got birthday announcements she signed up for, at that address. This makes me realize that I'm not clear, from an administrator's standpoint, on what happens to all aspects of a deceased member's profile. I'm wondering if I should have edited her profile to remove the birthday notice option? Then, the question follows; is there anything else that her address might be getting automatically from the site that I should edit?

I recall a conversation with my first deceased classmate's family, that they might want to be able to sign in to see comments left by classmates on his obituary, but I can't remember how we managed this. I'm thinking there's nothing to stop a family member (or other) who gains access to their accounts from accessing our site. I'm not certain I like the idea of having an unknown person having access to our site.

It appears there might be questions for an Admin to consider, once a profile status is changed. It might be helpful to have suggestions listed on the Edit Profile page?

Also, while on this topic, I'm wondering if it would it be possible to post the size of the classmate profile picture in the "edit profile" for obits section? I'd like current pictures I add to be as close to that same size as the profile picture as possible. (for example, see Sandi Doxtator profile on my site)

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 1:21 PM - Response #3

To unsubscribe the deceased classmate from other profiles (and thereby cease notifications to the deceased classmate), log into the site as the deceased classmate and click the Profile Subscription link under Member Functions and unsubscribe from all profiles.

Then, if you want to not have anyone be able to log into that account, simply remove the email address from the Primary Email field in the deceased's Details. You can always put one back in if you need to allow someone to log into the account.

As for the image size, in the editor, double click on the image you want to find out the size of, and in the properties panel the height and width should display. If it doesn't, then close the properties panel and try resizing the image just a tiny bit by dragging on of the white squares at the corners and sides of the image, and then double clicking the image to bring up the properties panel again. Once you have the dimensions, you can set them for other images you place by double clicking on those images after you upload them and setting the dimensions in the properties panel.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.