ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

1971 History/Videos

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/16/09 07:35 PM Views: 2080 Replies: 7
Friday, January 16, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I have noticed that some of the videos are no longer available. Is this something we can change?

Thanks, Larry

Edited 01/16/09 7:37 PM
Friday, January 16, 2009 at 11:27 PM - Response #1

Hi Larry,

Thanks. We have deleted the ones that were not working.

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 10:25 PM - Response #2

Any update on when the editable "year in history" will be available?

Diana

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 10:47 PM - Response #3

Got sidetracked by items we consider more pressing. We're going to try to raise some funds and get another programmer or two in here. We have absolutely swamped our staff of 8. I suppose it's a good problem to have, but it's not too good for making the Task List shrink instead of grow.

Whatever happened to our little baby class web site system? Lemme know if you've seen it anywhere.

Edited 01/23/09 10:53 PM
Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 7:36 PM - Response #4

Based on the requests I see come in to you, I'm not surprised that you'd be more than a bit overwhelmed. I'm sure you didn't expect this to grow in such large incremental geometric proportions! But that speaks volumes to the quality of what you offer, and your exceptionally extraordinary response to every little request we make - no matter how "creative" we tend to get.

Kudos, once again. You are making an important difference in the world.

Best,
Diana

Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 8:42 PM - Response #5

Why thank you Diana. Smile

Yes, I must confess, I had NO IDEA Class Creator was going to grow into this. It started as a simple way to build a class web site, but it's rapidly becoming a piece of online software, not just serving as a web site but really managing entire processes that most people had been doing offline. To that end, there's a long way to go still. It really is a lot of fun to see how the system has grown. Challenging sometimes -- but always fun.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 1:40 PM - Response #6

Hi, Brad - haven't heard about this for a while, and I couldn't find the original thread. Can you add multiple year choices to the history/videos yet? As in class of 1963 having the choice (or the administrator changing periodically) from 1959 through 1963? I know your task list is long, and there are some priorities, but I do think it would increase interest? Thanks very much - how's your dad (hoping fervently it is not a painful question)? Larry Gilbert, www.RockyRiver63.com

Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 3:29 PM - Response #7

Videos are on the list, with that task and a task to let admins actually add videos, etc. At the moment we're focused on the next 5 major features, so I'm letting the programmers focus on those without being sidetracked. In the grand scheme of things they're medium priority. The user base has grown to over half a million Classmates and the Task List has a habit of only growing. All good problems to have just like I said at the top of this thread, but it makes it more important than ever to prioritize. Anyway, this and more regarding history videos is coming when it reaches the top of the Task List.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.