ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Simple join page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/22/20 10:35 AM Views: 299 Replies: 1
Saturday, August 22, 2020 at 10:35 AM

I need to drastically simplify the classmate profile page when people go to sign up for the site. I have deactivated whatever I can. Also, I have deactivated birthday, but the profile still asks the classmate whether other classmates can view your birthdays. Confusing if you were not asked for your birthday.

Saturday, August 22, 2020 at 3:53 PM - Response #1

Hi Cindy,

The default profile questions we have in place came from a grouping of the most common questions classmates were wanting to know when they checked out other profiles. Birthday's have always been a great way to bring people back to the site and get everyone talking again. The system was built to be social and interactive. Classmates want to hear what others have been doing since they graduated. You might want to add a single question that gives them the space to talk about that even if you don't want the individual questions.

There are multiple areas where birthday's come into play on the site.

- There is a home page module that can list upcoming birthdays if you have it turned on - classmates must "allow" their birthday to be shared for that an other uses.
- If you have the What's New page turned on it will automatically add the birthday on the day of.
- If classmates subscribe to each other they have the option to be notified via email when someone they subscribe to has a birthday.

Just some thoughts as you are getting going with the site.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.