ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Store

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/20/08 04:58 PM Views: 2594 Replies: 17
Wednesday, August 20, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Brad,

Because you don't have enough to do here's another idea.

Our 20 Year Reunion is over (went incredibly well with thanks to you all here) but we'd like to continue to offer items for our classmates (DVD's, class pictures, etc). Right now, we are just going to post stuff on the 20 Year Reunion planner page, but a general "Store" or whatever place we be great for us and great for you to. You wouldn't have wait another 10 years for us (and other sites) to be worthwhile to you.

Just one of the many things you can think about!

Thanks!

Marcel

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 at 8:19 PM - Response #1

A store is on the agenda for 2009. You'll be able to sell high school gear, other popular items for fundraising purposes, and even your own custom items. Unfortunately it's way down on the to do list due to, well, about 476 other things people want. It is coming though, and will be very cool when it's done next year.

In the meantime, you might want to check out eBay stores here. eBay stores are cheap, incredibly cool, and way under utilized in my opinion. In fact a lot of people still don't realize you can open up your own storefront on eBay in addition to just listing regular auction items. Making an eBay store is simple, and you can quickly direct your Classmates to it to purchase items.

Edited 09/20/08 3:11 PM
Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 12:04 PM - Response #2

Here's a more direct link for information about e-Bay Stores: http://pages.ebay.com/sell/tools.html?_trksid=m37

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 12:09 PM - Response #3

Is the store going to be available to everyone once it is up and running?

Edited 02/03/09 12:53 PM
Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 12:55 PM - Response #4

Yes everyone will be able to construct a store. Note, this has actually dropped further down the task list over the past month. I'm hoping to add at least one more programmer to our mix in Q2. Trying like crazy to keep up with you guys, geez. Smile

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 5:04 PM - Response #5

No rush, at least not from me! I was just curious.

Keep up the great work! We all really appreciate all that you and you team do to keep everyone as happy as possible.

Vicki

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 10:48 PM - Response #6

Oh I know. I was just geezing. I do that sometimes.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 4:36 PM - Response #7

In the new Reunion Planner II store, (since administrators can toggle the attending reunion icon), does one have the option of deleting all the reunion event details but keep the store "open"?

Seems feasible, but want to confirm. No hurry, as it won't affect us until August.

Thanks!
Terry

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 4:59 PM - Response #8

Hmmm. If you blanked out all of your details, replaced them with "store talk", turned off online registration, turned off maps and directions and whatever else, you actually could have just the store. There may be an additional third or two we'd need to comment out in there if somebody does that. If you give that a try and anything is showing that you need not to show, let me know and I'm sure we can show only the store stuff.

Edited 03/31/09 5:29 PM
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 5:12 PM - Response #9

Interesting,... I won't be able to try it until August (assuming we have something to sell Smile)

Would love to hear from other administrators who use the store without an active reunion... are any of you doing this?

Friday, September 18, 2009 at 10:22 AM - Response #10

I have reset my reunion, turned the Reunion feature back "on", named it our "Online Store", added my store-talk in the reunion information area, and selected "NO, do not allow Classmates to sign up for the Reunion online". Everything works beautifully Very Happy, except one small problem: I have no where to collect the shipping address.

Is it possible to allow the "Custom Questions" option to be independant from the Sign Up area?

Oh, also need a revision on the resulting page when someone chooses to save their cart. Currently it states
Quote:

Your items have been saved. You may come back to the reunion details page at any point to complete your order.
but the classmate may have no idea what you mean by "reunion details" page. They actually need to return to [XXX] - "XXX" being whatever the site admin has named their reunion store page.

Thanks! Terry

Friday, September 18, 2009 at 12:11 PM - Response #11

Good point. Lots of people use the Reunion Planner for things other than reunions, so I changed that wording there to be generic.

No you cannot separate the custom questions in the registration form. Can you allow registration, deactivate every single default question, and then add your own? You can of course, but I suspect you won't like the default wording. For a real store you may have to wait for the store feature.

Friday, September 18, 2009 at 1:37 PM - Response #12

Quote:

Your items have been saved. You may return at any time to complete your order.
The new language works just fine - and no programmming involved! - very good, Brad!

To use the default questions in the Sign Up area, I need to select "Yes, allow Classmates to sign up for the Reunion online." Won't each order then result in displaying the "Attending Reunion" icon? Or was there an option to turn off only the icon somewhere? I've forgotten.

For the time being, I simply will ask my classmates to follow up their order with an email containing the ship to address.

Thanks for looking into it!
Terry

Friday, September 18, 2009 at 1:52 PM - Response #13

Terry Alers wrote:

...Won't each order then result in displaying the "Attending Reunion" icon? Or was there an option to turn off only the icon somewhere? I've forgotten.

I found it in the Profile Generator. So, the assumption is, if I deactivate the default (Reunion: y/n) question in the profile generator, then the icon will not appear? But in fact it WILL appear, right? Because this question is only intended to allow manual response in addition to the automatic one. Hmmm.... I think I answered my own question.

Back to square one. I believe I'll just leave the sign up feature turned off for now. Smile

Edited 09/18/09 1:54 PM
Friday, September 18, 2009 at 7:11 PM - Response #14

No, if you deactivate the Attending Reunion default question, the icon WILL NOT show up anywhere. Deactivating it means you're not planning to use that functionality.

Sunday, September 20, 2009 at 10:38 AM - Response #15

I have tested that theory... but the icon still dispays. It appears to be switched on by the sign up option in the reunion store - regardless whether the profile question is active or not.

Looks like I now need to reset my reunion again in order to remove the "Attending Reunion" icon in the Classmate Profiles page resulting from my test runs.

Sunday, September 20, 2009 at 4:07 PM - Response #16

Is that right? I stand corrected then. It really shouldn't do that though. If a function is disabled completed then no part of that function should still be operational. I'll add that to the list for the next time we're working on the Reunion Planner.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 at 3:46 PM - Response #17

Thanks! You are wonderful Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.