ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Activating In Memory Notice submitted by alumni

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/07/09 12:02 PM Views: 1330 Replies: 4
Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 12:02 PM

I get messages from alumni informing me of others' passing; but when I go to view it "In Memory" section; nothing is showing up. How do I activate what others submit or do I have to re-enter info?
Secondly; when someone submits info like this as well as submitting missing alumni; is there anyway I know who referred those individuals? If not; would there some way that when someone submits info like email addresses; that a email be sent to adminstrator of website like what occurs when someone submits "In Memory" info?
Thanks..

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 1:01 PM - Response #1

1) The In Memory contact form is exactly that -- a form that sends an email to you. There is no automation to load that information into the In Memory section. Due to the sensitive nature of these entries, they are created manually by the Administrator.

2) Do you mean the Missing Classmates box on your home page? If so no, that just sends an automated email inviting a Missing Classmate to join your web site.

Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 3:04 PM - Response #2

Here's a wrinkle. I got a notice. I added the person identified in the notice. I found her obit and pasted it in. The person who sent the notice included some words that would have made a beautiful comment. I could paste in her words, but the comment would be attributed to me. Is there a way for me to enter the words and have them attributed to the person who wrote them?

Monday, November 11, 2013 at 1:19 AM - Response #3

You could include their comments as a quote from a classmate in the In Memory page editor or you can ask that classmate to post their comment so that it appears in the comments section under their name.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, November 11, 2013 at 1:29 AM - Response #4

Thanks Jessica. I've asked the person who wrote the words to write them in a comment. So far she hasn't. I'm restricting the content of the Memory page editor to obit content. Of course, that's my call. Barry

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.