ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Blinking Survey Title

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/30/09 02:28 PM Views: 1482 Replies: 6
Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Is there a way to make a Survey Title blink? Or at least BOLD print?

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 2:37 PM - Response #1

Do you mean the navigation survey link? No, there is no way of doing that. Well, not a documented way, anyway. Kyle does it on his site, maybe he can share some tips about how he's doing it.

One alternative you might want to consider is adding a big link on your home page directly to the survey. There you can bold or highlight the link, etc. Add a graphic, an animation, an arrow, whatever calls attention to the survey. And then link it directly to your survey. Doing that will probably get more attention than a bolded navigational link anyway.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 5:08 PM - Response #2

The LEFT-SIDE links are limited to 20 characters. If you have a short title, you can do something like this

Homework which will show it in italics

or like this

BOLD TITLE which will show the link like this BOLD TITLE

Also on my site, I have a LARGE left-side menu.

Game of Tag

This will show the link as VERY LARGE, header type (view my site to see what it looks like)

Friday, January 1, 2010 at 10:02 AM - Response #3

Kyle, that's exactly what I was searching for! Unfortunately, with a 20 character limit, you're right, the HTML codes can't be added. But, thanks guys for the responses. This coming May will mark the 2 year anniversary of opening our class website and the use of our Domain name. I want alumni members to SEE the survey link, and respond to pertinent questions regarding our site. I did add a plug in the New Year e-mail that was sent to all, so perhaps that will be enough to prompt the responses. I trust you both had a wonderful New Year celebration...I know we did!! Welcome to 2010!!

Friday, January 1, 2010 at 9:28 PM - Response #4

Tricia Ford wrote:

...I want alumni members to SEE the survey link, and respond to pertinent questions regarding our site...

You could make an "Announcement". Within that announcement, you can include graphics, any size and color type you'd like. To make sure it get's seen, place it at the TOP of the home page.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at 9:36 AM - Response #5

Hi Kyle... on your school site, you have the photos of your classmates on the right side of the page. How did you do that?

Thanks and best wishes... j

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at 10:15 AM - Response #6

I used the free graphics program called www.irfanview.com and I used the panoramic image feature.

The exact details can be found here:
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....4ED-AE1151B89A1F8A6C

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.