ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Required fields

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/10/09 06:47 PM Views: 1358 Replies: 4
Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 6:47 PM

I made 2 fields required under a persons profile and people are not filling them out but still able to establish a profile. They have an * next to them but it's not doing anything. I've looked all over the forums and can't find any help on it. Can I get some help from somebody?

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 7:05 PM - Response #1

I checked out your Profile Generator. Your two required questions are set up wrong. You have the question being required, but it is a RADIO BUTTON, not a form fill in field.

What you want to do is edit the question (click pencil next to the * for the question). Choose one of the TEXT fields - if you want a longer field, choose COMMENT BOX. If you want a short field, choose "TEXT (single line)"

If you do this, then they will be required to type something in the boxes instead of just checking a radio button. (The classmate can type ANYTHING, even just a space in the box).

I think that for a RADIO BUTTON to work, you need two choices, not just one.

Edited 11/10/09 7:06 PM
Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 7:35 PM - Response #2

I reset everything the way you said to do. Can you check to see if I did it correctly? If not, I'll wait for a couple of members to try to creat a profile and see what happens. Thanks for all your help!!!!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 7:41 PM - Response #3

yep. That looks right.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 7:50 PM - Response #4

Thanks Kyle. You guys are awesome!!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.