Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I guess I wasn't paying attention recently. I notice that, now, when I post an announcement, the option is still there to let members know 'a new announcement has been posted', but ONLY to members who subscribe to wanting that information. I don't think that's fair !
For 2 years I've used the homepage as a podium to encourage alumni to come back again and again in order to excite them about attending the upcoming reunion (now over). I've paid monthly fees, solicited funds, paid the domain fee, paid for some who couldn't otherwise attend, paid to get on sites to find missing classmates, etc...
NOW, only those who decide to get notices will get them. It should be up to an administrator to decide who gets what notice in the their e-mail. Alumni are sometimes apathetic enough without now being able to choose not to receive notices. I think it should be at least the option of the "announcer" who sees her announcement.
Am I totally wrong about this/??! Please consider my dilemma. I can't be the only one who feels this way.
Barbara