ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Announcement Notice to Everyone

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/13/17 03:19 PM Views: 693 Replies: 6
Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 3:19 PM

When an announcement is created there is a check box to send a notice to all joined members. Is there any method to send it to non-joined members?

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 4:45 PM - Response #1

If you have email addresses entered into profiles for members who have not yet joined, the email the class will send to those members.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 4:54 PM - Response #2

I'm talking about the announcements on the home page. The box there indicates that only those who have joined get the notice. At least that is what I assume when it lists the number who get the notice since it's way less than those we have email address for and it matches the number who have joined. You can see this on the announcement under the start date for the announcement "Pastor Candidate Intro and Bio".

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 5:09 PM - Response #3

I think Scott was mixing Announcements with email the class options.
For Announcements, you can choose to show it to everybody or just to logged in members. There is not an option to show it to members who have an email address, but have not joined - other than using the 'everybody' (including anyone who visits the home page) option.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 5:38 PM - Response #4

This is for sending out a notice by email that there is a new announcement, not who can view it.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 10:25 PM - Response #5

Sounds like "Email the Class" is what you want to use. That will reach all individuals who have an email address entered in Class Creator regardless of registration(joined) status.
The Announcement feature will only notify registered members.

Edited 09/13/17 10:47 PM
Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 10:56 PM - Response #6

I created an announcement and then copied it with Jing -- there is a graphic in it, then emailed the class to those who have not joined.

What's nice about the notice in the announcement edit is that when the email is received there is a link that takes them directly to the announcement -- just as if it had an anchor to it. Plus the email is the classy look that Classcreator sends out.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.