Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Admin Notifications When Site IP Addresses Need to Update

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/13/20 06:40 PM Views: 289 Replies: 2
Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 6:40 PM

This is more for the ClassCreator mods than anything -

Mods -
Ran across our domain MHS1989.com being down. Better than last time there was a DNS IP address update, there was an info page with instructions to update our A record. Simple enough, done.

Is there a way, globally, to send out maintenance notifications to the site administrators when something like this is going to occur? In our case, one admin is functional and takes care of one set of tasks and another (me) is an IT consultant in real life and would love the communication so we can be prepared or ahead of the curve when a DNS record needs to update.
I'm sure our class isn't the only one who has multiple admins to split tasks and I'm sure we're not the only class who as an IT person as an admin that gets annoyed when something changes and no one sent anything to advise of such.

Just a suggestion ... Smile

Michael
MHS1989.com

Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 6:58 PM - Response #1

Hi Michael,

We sent the information to all sites with domains -- the notices went to all admins (and co-admins who are assigned notification rights to :
Receive Class Creator system announcements (maintenance windows, new features, etc.)

That option was not turned on for your login by the Root Administrator. I did go ahead and turn it on for you so you will receive those updates in the future.

The email explained that if you were at www.classnames.net we had an API and would update the IPs for you. It gave instructions for those who are not at www.classnames.net and we also posted the instructions at the old IPs to make sure anyone who did not have their email address up-to-date with us would see it if they attempted to go to their site.

We have a policy of only emailing admins/co-admins (with classcreator notification rights turned on) All admins and co-admins who have the rights to those notifications would need to have the default setting under their Notify Me on to receive messages from classcreator.com active. Your notification setting will be active under Notify Me unless you choose to turn it off.

Glad you caught it. You should receive them in the future.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 6:59 PM - Response #2

There WAS a notice sent out. You must have missed it or somehow never received.

(I see Jessica explained. So at least I'm confirming Very Happy )

Edited 06/13/20 7:00 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.