ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Building a Club Site in CC

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/06/12 11:51 AM Views: 1417 Replies: 9
Monday, August 6, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I love CC and want to use it for our very active Fish & Game Club. These are the challanges: 1) There are about 350 members. 2) We run about 20-25 Events per year. 3) Ages 21 - 85 (Build it and they will come). 4) We have a reciprocal membership with a "hunting" club to also be included. 5) 17 member Board of Directors (each in charge of different functions of the club) needing reports, etc. 6) Working Restraunt (almost all Volunteers & some paid) least important because of computer system which is not being used.
Now, has anyone attempted this type of task? I see some Church sites on CC. Interested if there are others. Should I use Multiple year site? Can multiple Reunion Planners be used at the same time? Any help, advice, comments or concerns are most welcome. Thanks.
Question?Confused

Edited 08/06/12 11:52 AM
Monday, August 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM - Response #1

A multi-year site has specific features that seems like they would only add confusion unless your club members are in some way divided or classified by year. I would go with a single-year site (of some arbitrary year, maybe 2012, or the year the club was founded).

You can distinguish members of the distinct clubs by adding a parenthetical value after members' last names.

You can designate board members as co-administrators of the site and use the admin controls to effect separation of labor amongst them.

Multiple Reunion Planners CAN be operated simultaneously, each with it's own reports (though there is no means within the site to combine reports across Reunions).

Monday, August 6, 2012 at 12:37 PM - Response #2

Eric,
Thanks for your (usual) fast response. This is very promising and will probably be easier when I understand more. They are currently using Google to run their site (probably because it's free) but I don't find it as easy as CC. I will be taking over the web site soon and am searching for something that is easy for the members. CC Seems to fill that bill. Is there a limit on the number of planners that can be used? I assume the events can be brought up each year for reference also? Are there any other sites now running on CC that may be similar in nature to this endeavor? Thanks again

Edited 08/06/12 12:39 PM
Monday, August 6, 2012 at 2:31 PM - Response #3

There are a variety of club sites, but every site varies in some significant need from every other. We have Home Owner's Associations, former employees club (of a particular business), former naval shipmates groups, and a range, I am sure, of others I haven't even seen.

I don't believe there is a limnit on concurrently running reunions, and unless you delete them, they'll remain there for reference after the fact.

Monday, August 6, 2012 at 3:10 PM - Response #4

Thanks again. I will search thru the web site list to see what I can find. Any ideas and/or comments from others would be sincerly appreciated as no idea is too small. This is why I like CC (very few challenges) Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Monday, August 6, 2012 at 5:35 PM - Response #5

Bob, I worked for an association with a board and 1700+ membership base. When I saw your original post, I was very interested in reading more. Smile

Thanks, Eric... for the info. I was unaware we can run more than one 'reunion' on a single site. I thought that was only for alumni sites. I'd consider that another plus, as mini reunions could be happening at the same time as you plan a class reunion.

Monday, August 6, 2012 at 10:18 PM - Response #6

Gwen Corey wrote:

Bob, I worked for an association with a board and 1700+ membership base. When I saw your original post, I was very interested in reading more. Smile

Thanks, Eric... for the info. I was unaware we can run more than one 'reunion' on a single site. I thought that was only for alumni sites. I'd consider that another plus, as mini reunions could be happening at the same time as you plan a class reunion.

FYI: link manningtherail.com is broken

NOTICE: This domain name expired on 06/26/2012 and is pending renewal or deletion.
manningtherail.com
This Web page is parked for FREE, courtesy of GoDaddy.com.

Monday, August 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM - Response #7

Thanks for noting that I forgot to change the site address. I appreciate the note! I've corrected it.

EDIT/ADD: I went through all three sites and changed the manningtherail.com address to the correct one. Now I see it did not take.

I'll try it on this signature. If it saves, I'll add it to the others later. Here is the new address, Tommy.
http://www.classcreator.com/essex-carriers/

Edited 08/08/12 1:33 AM
Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 11:46 AM - Response #8

Eric,
Is there a way to edit the root data, instructions, etc on many of the CC pages. IE: CC always refers to the wording of "Classmates" and I would want to change to "Member", etc?

Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 12:20 PM - Response #9

OPPS.....I just found the answer in "Preferences".EmbarassedEmbarassed

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.