ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Edit Missing Classmates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/10/18 09:24 PM Views: 1837 Replies: 10
Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 9:24 PM

My "Missing Classmates" page contains many names, but I can't seem to edit the page.

When I click on the banner "missing classmates" it is full of names

When I go through the "Edit site page", then click on "missing classmates", then "edit page" it comes up as empty

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 10:19 PM - Response #1

When you edit the Missing Classmates page, do not expect to see the names of missing classmates there. They aren't there and aren't supposed to be there. The purpose of this page is for you to add some words which will appear above the list of missing classmates, such as "As of today, we have an email and/or street address for all classmates except those in the list below. Please contact us if you know their status or location." You apparently have not added any descriptive words yet. That's why the page is currently blank.

Edited 01/11/18 4:15 AM
Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 8:24 AM - Response #2

Scott is right. The "Missing Classmates" page is a generated page. It is generated according to your missing classmates criteria, shown below:

[ ]   Consider Missing Classmates to be all Classmates who have not joined the site.
[ ]   Consider Missing Classmates to be all Classmates with no email address entered in the system.
[ ]   Consider Missing Classmates to be all Classmates with no street address entered in the system.
[ X ]   Consider Missing Classmates to be all Classmates with neither email address nor street address entered in the system.

Which is also shown on that page. You can change the criteria if you want, but the names will not show up until you visit the page.

Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 9:09 PM - Response #3

thank you!

Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 9:09 PM - Response #4

Thank you!

Friday, July 27, 2018 at 6:28 PM - Response #5

I have a classmate who is on the MISSING page, but is also on the deceased page. She is deceased. I can't find where I can delete her name.

Thank you,
Cay

Friday, July 27, 2018 at 7:55 PM - Response #6

Unless her name is listed twice on Manage Classmates > Enter/Edit Classmates (you can edit or delete duplicates here) she should not be listed as both. Can you provide her last name and first initial if its a common last name and we can take a look?

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, July 27, 2018 at 10:49 PM - Response #7

Yep. She was listed without asterisks and with asterisks. I deleted the one without, and now she is where she is supposed to be. Thank you.

Saturday, December 22, 2018 at 7:28 AM - Response #8

I have removed the email & mailing address of a classmate, & they still do not appear with the missing classmates. That is my chosen criteria, so what's the secret?

Saturday, December 22, 2018 at 8:19 AM - Response #9

On the classmate's details page, see if the "Missing Override" box, just above the Admin Notes box, is checked. If it is checked, the classmate will not appear on the Missing Classmates list, even though their email and street address are removed.

Edited 12/22/18 8:24 AM
Saturday, December 22, 2018 at 8:39 AM - Response #10

Bob,

If you are still having problems and want me to check it out, please provide the classmate's last name and if there are more than one with the same last name, also the first initial so I can know which classmate to look at.

Kyle

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.