ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Photo Bank

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/18/12 04:01 PM Views: 1701 Replies: 10
Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Many classmates have posted photos in there profiles that are of class photos from elementary schools and Jr. High. We would like to be able to access those and re-post them to one location for all classmates to easily see them in order by school. Is there an administrator access to all of the uploaded photos?

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 4:14 PM - Response #1

There are a couple of ways to approach this, depending on how you want to present the images.

Option one -- If you want to use the Gallery Creator to display the images:
For each photo you want, right click (CTRL-click on a Mac) on the photo as you're viewing it on the profile page and save the image to your computer. Then create a gallery (instructions: http://screencast.com/t/yLavIQJW ) and upload the photos to the gallery.

Option two -- If you just want to display the images on a page of the site and not in a gallery:
For each image:
1. Right click (CTRL-click on a Mac) on the photo as you're viewing it on the profile page and copy the image location or path.
2. Go to Edit Site Pages and click the edit button for the page on which you want to display the images. (This will be easier if you open the edit page in one tab or window and the profiles in another and just switch back and forth.)
3. In the page editor, click the Image button (next to Source) and paste the image path you just copied into the URL field in the image panel. Click OK, and you should see the image in the editor window.
4. Be sure to click Save Changes to save your work.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 4:35 PM - Response #2

It sounds like option 2 would save vault space since there's no limit on photos individuals can post on their profile. Are there any disadvantages?

BTW, is there any difference in the size & resolution of a photo copied off their profile page and the same one when you download their photos?

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM - Response #3

Last year, I contacted the 14 or so elementary schools and asked if they had archives for the years we attended (1953-61). I was presently surprise that there were many that had the photos, and some did not. Then I polled the class for additional photos.

We present use the Gallery to store them.

What is very interesting is to get the names for each student. One of the reunion committe stated that he was no help. He had drank to many beers and/or scotches! Too funny.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 6:29 PM - Response #4

THAT'S Good info.. but I would need to know which classmates have loaded old class photos. I was hoping for a way to view ALL uploaded photos and then select the ones I want.. Not an option?

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 6:47 PM - Response #5

You can see all of the classmate uploaded photos by using the DOWNLOAD PHOTOS link.

Manage Classmates,
Scroll down,
DOWNLOAD PHOTOS
choose the "download classmate photos" button. If you use the "separate subdirectory" option, you will know which classmate has uploaded the photos.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 6:49 PM - Response #6

I've never done a photo download but imagine that you could choose the option to have it put each person's in a different folder, then view them on your PC. Maybe then move the folders to sort & select? Somebody who's done it may have other ideas.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 11:29 AM - Response #7

Thank You that worked very well, and I did not have to store anything new in the vault.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 12:41 AM - Response #8

Mary Smith - SPHSAA President & Alumni Records wrote:

It sounds like option 2 would save vault space since there's no limit on photos individuals can post on their profile. Are there any disadvantages?

A disadvantage is that if a classmate deletes a photo from their profile it is also deleted from the page to which you posted the link. In other words, you don't have control over the page you created.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 1:51 PM - Response #9

I agree with FC. I copy the location and insert it in the page with that location. However, I do download the photos. They are in a zip file and stay there unless needed. I'm thinking long term... the next reunion. Smile

Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 2:14 PM - Response #10

Also, you can't control the resolution unless you upload your own copy of the image, but by double-clicking on the image in the editor, you can control the size at which it is displayed.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.