ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Editing Home Page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/21/09 03:41 PM Views: 1354 Replies: 3
Monday, September 21, 2009 at 3:41 PM

How do we delete the countdown clock on our home page and replace it with pictures or videos?

Monday, September 21, 2009 at 4:18 PM - Response #1

If you are having a hard time deleting the countdown clock in the normal editing of your Edit Site Pages/Home Page, try this hint.

Type this... START HERE
on the line above the Count Down Clock you want to delete and type this... END HERE
below the countdown clocks you want to delete.

Now click SOURCE and search for "START HERE" and start deleting everything until you get to "END HERE". This should delete all of the codes that represent the Count Down Clock.

Edited 09/21/09 4:19 PM
Monday, September 21, 2009 at 7:21 PM - Response #2

How do you get a countdown clock to be visuable and not just the codes? I don't have it visuable (SP) at this time. I also have a video from U-tube under the North's Got Talent postcard?? Also pictures from Kodak Gallery, I just have the link to see them. HELP! ??? 'Rolling Eyes

Monday, September 21, 2009 at 8:26 PM - Response #3

KAREN KELLY wrote:

How do you get a countdown clock to be visuable and not just the codes? I don't have it visuable (SP) at this time. I also have a video from U-tube under the North's Got Talent postcard?? Also pictures from Kodak Gallery, I just have the link to see them. HELP! ??? 'Rolling Eyes

Hi Karen,

When you get the Countdown clock codes, edit the page you want the countdown clock on. If there is already some text on that page and you want to insert the CountDown Clock after/between the text, type the words "Place Countdown Clock HERE" and then click the SOURCE button (top-left of the editor). This will show the codes for the page. Search for "Place Countdown Clock HERE" in the editor. Paste the countdown clock codes and then delete the "Place Countdown Clock HERE" text.

You would do the same thing with YouTube videos. Get the codes to embed the video into your page. WHen you have the codes, edit the page and type "VIDEO HERE", SOURCE, search for "VIDEO HERE" and paste the codes.

I am not sure I understand the third question.

Hope this helps.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.