ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Administrator e-mail addresses

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/19/08 09:00 PM Views: 1154 Replies: 1
Tuesday, August 19, 2008 at 9:00 PM

My co-chairman and I have e-mail addresses linked to our web site (debbie@caruthersville1974.com for example). Can I set up our committee members with those kind of e-mail accounts for printing on cards they will be passing out around town?

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 at 11:36 PM - Response #1

You can create 100 email forwards using yourdomain.com for free (this is what most people do), and what you've already done. You cannot send "from" those email addresses though, because you don't actually have an email box. In order to send "from" an address you have to have a real email box, with email that is stored on the Classnames.net physical hard drive. That's not to say you couldn't still forward any emails to another address. But you have to have an "official" email box in order to send messages from it. If sending an email from an address@yourdomain.com is absolutely essential to you, then you would need to open up 1 or more real POP3 email boxes on the server and pay the corresponding fee for hosting email accounts. If you wish to do this it is relatively easy to set up. You can purchase POP3 email boxes at Clasnames.net in groups of 10 for $19.95 per year. To purchase POP3 "email paks" if you are interested follow these steps:

1) Log into your account at Classnames.net using the login and password you created when you initially registered your domain name.

2) Click on the domain name(s) in your account, and then click the domain name you wish to create an email address for.

3) Click on the "Change Service" button under the "Email Settings" heading.

4) Select the POP3/Webmail + Email Forwarding (complete email solution) option.

5) Click the "Save Changes" button.

6) On the next screen click the "Add An Email Pak" button (the pak is now in your cart).

7) Click the "Checkout" button and follow the final directions on your screen.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.