ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How can I indicate Februar / June classmates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/12/11 02:32 AM Views: 1229 Replies: 6
Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 2:32 AM

Our class year has a February and June class. How can I seperate the two on the class list?

Edited 05/12/11 2:33 AM
Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 9:45 AM - Response #1

The only way to do this would be to add Feb or Jun before every last name and they will be listed on the class list alphabetically, and grouped by Feb and Jun. We don't have any other solutions for this.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 11:44 AM - Response #2

Hi Paul -- love that picture!

You could add a profile question and make it mandatory - "Did you graduate in February or June?" Members would then self-identify. (Registered users would have to update their profiles.) This could be downloaded as part of your download the class function and you could sort by this.

If YOU know which month they were in, you could manually edit their profiles and add that information -- but you'd have to do it individually.

Scott's solution would sort the profiles by month on the Classmate Profiles page, but the month would get in the way when you download the class names. However, in Excel you could globally replace those "Feb" and "Jun" words with nothing once the list was downloaded.

Adding the month before their last name will also get in the way when the site sends them an email addressing them as "Paul Jun Trattner" for example.

Friday, May 13, 2011 at 3:52 AM - Response #3

Thank you for your suggestions.

Paul

Friday, May 13, 2011 at 3:53 AM - Response #4

Thank you for your suggestions.

Paul

Friday, May 13, 2011 at 11:20 AM - Response #5

Just curious about the need for a distinction! In the military the February grads would have seniority over the June grads, well, with respect to date of rank. Our class was only 98 kids, we did have three that finished a year early and had completed one year of college when we graduated in May 1960. We still considered them a part of our 1960 class and made no distinction. One even commented at our 50 year reunion, in retrospect, it would have been better for her to have remained in high school that extra year. Like I said, just curious why a distinction is desired, unless there were so many in each of the two groups that they felt/feel as if they were not one.

Friday, May 13, 2011 at 7:00 PM - Response #6

I would put the month after their names not before, since alphabetically it would show only the two months. I also feel I wouldnt distinguish between the months if they were the same year.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.