ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Automatic Emails

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/22/15 12:40 PM Views: 983 Replies: 5
Friday, May 22, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Is there a way to stop sending automatic emails to the class every time an admin updates a photo gallery or profile---would like to be able to make changes and not send a message until sure it is the way we want it to look

Friday, May 22, 2015 at 1:43 PM - Response #1

Hi Clair,

I was going to change the Notifications under Preferences to Unchecked by default, however, it looks like that is the setting you have now so you may have found it yourself.

Unchecked: Do not automatically send subscriber notices unless box is manually checked before saving

You can check the box on each item if you want them to go out. They won't automatically be checked with the setting you have now.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 12:00 PM - Response #2

this didn't fix the problem. The problem is actually with Administrator Sally Chapman who tells me that every time she does something on the site like put in pics in a gallery or put in pics on a classmates profile that is currently traveling in Europe an automatic email goes out to the whole class. I had here check the Classmate Notifications Preference and she said hers is Unchecked so I don't know what to do now???

Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 4:30 PM - Response #3

Turning on advanced editing plus the Preferences option that Jessica pointed out, you should be able to control whether or not a notify email goes out when you post in a classmate's profile - by checking (or unchecking) the "Notify xx classmates and treat this as a Profile Update" box.

But.. for photo galleries, there is still no choice. When you save, it does a notify for you - whether you wanted one or not. That's an old complaint, and we all wish photo galleries would give us the same option as other pages do since we often build them a little at a time.

Of course, all that's how it used to work. It looks like there have been some changes made in how photos are handled, and those changes may have created new problems - which will, of course, be addressed and resolved as they're reported.

Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 4:25 PM - Response #4

I see that you have selected the option for : Do not automatically send subscriber notices unless box is manually checked before saving... that should help as well.

Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 6:48 PM - Response #5

Still wishing that we had that option for Photo Galleries....

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.