ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Initial registration process

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 03/06/09 01:00 PM Views: 1264 Replies: 4
Friday, March 6, 2009 at 1:00 PM

The five screens it takes to log on the first time is a bit daunting. Can you make it clear that they don't have to fill in their whole profile in the first session? Or stop to go locate photos?

Would also like a place at the top of the Profile Generator to write a brief message to that effect, that they can come back later to add or change. Maybe a non-question question (i.e. no answer type) that we admins can just make a statement and move it anywhere in the sequence.

Friday, March 6, 2009 at 5:06 PM - Response #1

The Member wizard was hashed out through literally dozens of user recommendations and is working very well. I think most of what you're asking for is already in there. For instance we already have verbiage such as this in there: "After your account has been set up you can add unlimited additional photos to your Profile." And this: "If you wish to skip this step and add photos later, click the 'Proceed to Step 4' button below." I do agree with you in a major way however that one thing is missing from the process, and that's some verbiage at the top of Member Wizard 2 we can add. It's not clear on that page that these items can be adjusted later (especially now that we have Profile Generator in place, so Profiles can be far more lengthly than they used to be). So what I'll do on the top of Member Wizard 2 is put in this: "You can update all information below at any time in the future." That should make it clear to people that they don't have to have things on that page absolutely perfect before proceeding with the account signup process. I'd rather automate the verbiage here rather than make it part of Profile Generator, where I don't think it would fit in very well. Plus this way it applies across the board and it's not an individual adjustment people need to make. Good recommendation Mary, thank you. Oh, also, if you think the verbiage I suggested above should be different, or explain things even better, let me know, and we can tweak it however works.

Edited 03/06/09 5:08 PM
Friday, March 6, 2009 at 6:10 PM - Response #2

I think you've got it. But is there a way to review the process without putting oneself in as a dummy classmate to go through the steps? Once you're in, you never see that wizard again.

Friday, March 6, 2009 at 6:15 PM - Response #3

I still like my idea of having a no-answer "question" to make a statement or explanation. I remember more than once looking through the answer options to morph one to my purpose, not finding one that wouldn't look funny with just a single dot or square under it, unused. Can't remember what I was hoping to use it for, though. Just keeps coming up.

Friday, March 6, 2009 at 9:22 PM - Response #4

Why not just put in a question with no answers?

Yes, the fastest way to test the process is to create a dummy Classmate. Just delete the dummy Classmate when your test is done.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.