ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Visitor Counter

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/11/13 01:17 PM Views: 906 Replies: 5
Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Hi,

I had read yesterday in the forums (I don't remember where now) that I could add a vistor counter to my homepage by adding an announcement and entering
$homepage_hits$
This is not working for me. What am I doing wrong?

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 1:22 PM - Response #1

You also have to activate the announcement. The number is showing right below your WELCOME CHRISTMAS announcement.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM - Response #2

Yes, I deactivated it because just random numbers were showing on my homepage.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 1:33 PM - Response #3

Those "Random Numbers" are the counts of the visitors. If you don't want it to appear as a random number, type "We have had $homepage_hits$ visitors to our website" instead of just putting "$homepage_hits$" in the announcement.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 1:50 PM - Response #4

Thank you so much!!!!

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 5:16 PM - Response #5

Earlier today, when discussing with an admin. from another class, the following came up:

Could there be a page created that admin's can see, that will give the number of visits for the individual pages on our sites, e.g., much like the Statistics page, which shows how many visits to site as a whole?

Getting a little more specific on the topic: When someone logs into the site, they are counted on this 'new' statistics page. This additional page would allow the admin's to see how many visited the In Memory, Message Forums, or other pages. If we have a page that no one has visited in 6 or 12 months, we could then take it down since it is of no interest to anyone.

Just an idea from a couple of the 'older generation!'

Thanks!
p.s. - Other ways to address the same would be to add this to the existing statistics page perhaps?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.