ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate has no email address

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/02/09 03:14 PM Views: 1523 Replies: 5
Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 3:14 PM

We found a classmate who wants to be included on the site, but doesn't use the computer. He gave another classmate permission to post his narrative and photo. I was able to add the image, but cannot add the narragive without creating his profile with an email address. Will the system accept a duplicate email address for two different classmates?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 7:02 PM - Response #1

Sure, as long as you use 2 different passwords.

You have two options here:

1) You can do what you're doing, i.e. join on behalf of the Classmate, use your own email address, post photos and info for the Classmate, etc., or;

2) Click Manage Classmates, click the Enter/Edit Classmates button, and select the second radio button at the top of the page. This option tells the system to display Admin-entered Profile details and photos even if the Clasmate has not joined the web site. With this option there is no need to actually join the site like you're doing with option #1.

Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 7:05 PM - Response #2

Successful!! Thank you very much.

Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 9:12 PM - Response #3

DO remember that if other classmates try to e-mail to that non-cyber-using classmate using the Class Creator website, whoever logged them in and used their own e-mail address will receive their e-mail. Be sure to put a HUGE ALL-CAPITAL-LETTERS disclaimer on their profile saying something like I DO NOT DO E-MAIL. DO NOT E-MAIL ME USING THIS WEBSITE. Otherwise you'll likely get personal e-mail intended for that classmate.

Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 10:47 PM - Response #4

Something else I have done was have that other person go to Gmail or hotmail and get a free email address and use that when he does have access. Ultimately it's your choice on how you want to handle this. Personally I like everyone to have their own unique Email address and Pasword, that way no feathers may get ruffled.

Monday, August 3, 2009 at 2:55 PM - Response #5

Thanks for this excellent suggestion which I promptly added to the profile.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.