ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Seeing who is online when they have selected not to show they are online

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/10/15 01:16 AM Views: 1084 Replies: 3
Monday, August 10, 2015 at 1:16 AM

As Administrator, I'd like to see who is online. I currently have the site set to allow Classmates to hide their names when online.

It seems that we have better participation when the classmates can choose Not to show that they are online, so I don't want to select the option that prevents them from hiding their online status.

However, is there some way for Administrators Only, to see who is online regardless of their selection?

Additionally, it would be nice to have the option to permit the Administrator to hide their online status, but show the classmates who are online. Often Administrators need to work without distraction, but still would like to monitor site activity.

8/23/2015 Any possibility of adding this option in the future?

Edited 03/09/16 10:51 AM
Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 4:54 PM - Response #1

I think at this time, the best you can do is go to the Statistics page, and below the bar graph, select 'List users and last log in dates'
I try to look at mine every few days, just to see who is visiting.
Unlike what you request, it is NOT in real time, only past tense.

Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 8:27 PM - Response #2

Steve, that's what I do. Seems to work just fine. Ken

Friday, April 15, 2016 at 12:24 PM - Response #3

Thanks Guys! Yes, the Statistics page will show you who has been there, but not how long they stayed.

If I'm working on the site and see someone log on and then they are gone. Did they look at the What's New Page and sign off, or simply go "invisible" and continue browsing the site? Am I keeping them engaged? Did this approach, or that approach yield better results?

Since the system does provide real time online status for "visible" people, it should be a simple task to show the administrator the invisible ones.

Could you all show "Members Online" and after than (displayed only to the Administrator, "Members Invisible" by name?

I've got Google Analytics set up, but they claim a flaw in the tracking code that casts some doubt as to it's accuracy.

I assume many sites don't do frequent updates and are visited sporadically therefore this ability is less important, however we have recently run some things where the real time ability would be quite beneficial.

The reason I ask for this is that the system already has the capability, it should be a relatively straight forward and simple programming task that would be very helpful and would be greatly appreciated!

I hope they might consider it.

Edited 08/19/16 2:51 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.