ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Guest used Classmate profile inadvertently

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/02/09 01:11 PM Views: 1175 Replies: 2
Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 1:11 PM

A Guest Member (Linda) inadvertently used a missing classmate's profile (Nancy) to set up her (Linda's) profile. I thought I had corrected the problem by removing Linda's information from Nancy's profile and getting her properly set up in her own Guest Member profile. Now it appears that the Missing Classmate (Nancy) has joined our site, even though she is in fact still a Missing Classmate. I have deleted the information that Linda inputted. How do reinstate Nancy as a Missing Classmate. Any help would be appreciated.

Betsy

Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 1:21 PM - Response #1

Just delete Nancy completely and then re-add her name to your Class List. She will now appear on your Missing Classmate's list again.

FYI, if somebody joins your site under somebody else's name by mistake, that's ok, just leave the person's account alone and add the original name (that was taken inadvertently) back to your Class List. The name of the person who just joined will now be on your Class List twice though, so also delete the unused instance of the name.

Doing it this way is very fast, and you won't have to transfer information from one account ot the other, try to recreate accounts, etc.

Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 1:34 PM - Response #2

Thanks -- did that -- worked great. Now I know what to do when that happens in the future.

Thanks so much!

Betsy

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.