ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Happy New Year

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/29/09 03:02 PM Views: 1481 Replies: 4
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Hi, I tried to put a Happy New year sign on my hompage, but just the code came out and I tried to delete it but it is stillon. Please help thanks...

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 3:10 PM - Response #1

You have to click the "Source" button in the upper left corner of your editor before pasting source code onto your site. Otherwise it will just come out as code. Likewise, to remove code you should click the Source button. Doing so will display all code that makes up your page, and you can easily delete anything you don't want.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 6:40 PM - Response #2

Brad, I've been adding code as you advise, but I delete by highlighting the item in regular edit view, and then hit "delete". Will this cause problems down the road? It sure seems easier than locating the complete code, if you don't remember exactly what it looked like.

I also find that when all else fails, I go to an older saved version of the page, that doesn't have the code inserted yet. Again, this seems easier than locating that pesky code....

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 7:04 PM - Response #3

Good point, reverting to a previously saved version of the page is always a viable option. If you're not familar with code I can certainly understand why you'd prefer deleting things in visual view whenever possible.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 9:01 AM - Response #4

Thanks, I got it on....

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.