ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Allowing a guest/visitor to access site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/07/13 12:05 PM Views: 990 Replies: 6
Monday, January 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM

How can i allow a guest or visitor to have access to the class site pertaining to all the classmates profiles? Thanks

Monday, January 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM - Response #1

You can create a website password (at the bottom of the Edit Site Pages, it is the SYSTEM PASSWORD), then provide the password to this guest.

Or you can add this guest as a classmate and on the Manage Classmates, DETAILS page for this "classmate", say show on class list "as a guest". They will then appear at the bottom of the Classmate Profiles in a separate section called "GUESTS"

Monday, January 7, 2013 at 1:19 PM - Response #2

If you want the person to have access to all profiles the second option he mentions is the better. As I understand it the first option would not allow access to restricted profiles.

Monday, January 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM - Response #3

Ted,
If you'd like to see an example, click our "View Site" button and select "Roll Call" in the upper left corner. Guests are at the bottom where we placed all teachers along with students from other year groups and just made a notation in parentheses as part of their last name. We also used a surrogate classmate called "SAMple" to show newcomers how profile entries would look on a non-password protected page.
Bob

Monday, January 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM - Response #4

Thanks. I went with the second option. Doesn't the first option give them access to everything including the administrator's rights? I don't want to give them anything but viewing rights to all the classmate profiles.

Monday, January 7, 2013 at 2:28 PM - Response #5

No, the System Password does not give access to ADMIN ACCESS for the person visiting your website. It only makes the Password Protected pages so that they are visible to them. You can change the System Password at any time, so if you don't want them to have access, just change the system password.

Also, on the Edit Site Pages, scroll down, you will see "Allow viewers with the System Password to access all restricted Classmate Profiles. " checkbox. So you can restrict the System Password from viewing the password protected restricted Classmate Profiles.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 5:49 PM - Response #6

Kyle and Bob,

Thanks for the information. Bob: Thanks for the link to your website and the SAMple profile entry. I sat there and got a lot of laughs from reading what you entered. Glad to see someone has a great sense of humor!

Ted

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.