ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Bounced email from deceased

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/21/13 10:23 PM Views: 1015 Replies: 6
Sunday, April 21, 2013 at 10:23 PM

This morning I received a bounced email notice from a classmate listed on the In Memory page. The announcement was sent out yesterday to classmates on my email list. How did that happen.

Sunday, April 21, 2013 at 11:23 PM - Response #1

Without seeing the bounceback or knowing the deceased classmate, I can't look into this problem

Monday, April 22, 2013 at 6:10 AM - Response #2

I went back to view the list of classmates that the message was sent and did not find the deceased name, but after seeing the bounced notice his name was in the list. I have already cleared the bounced notice. If it happens again I will save for you. Thanks

Monday, April 22, 2013 at 8:58 AM - Response #3

what was his name? Is his spouse also a classmate who shares the same e-mail address? If so, maybe it was her e-mail address that bounced and the system when it reports the bounces it just gets the first e-mail in the system and reports the bouncing. So if I know his name, I can check into that for you.

Monday, April 22, 2013 at 8:42 PM - Response #4

The deceased is Roy Ready(class of 1966). His wife has not joined the site. I'm thinking the email address is defunk since he passed away, not sure how it bounced from the deceased member.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at 12:00 PM - Response #5

I checked with the programmer and this is what he said:

correct, we do continue sending the same Notify Me notices to deceased classmates. it's assumed the spouse or family will still be checking the account, and would like to be notified of comments left on their obituary page. once the email address bounces though, we stop sending any and all emails to it.

So the ONE TIME that you received the bounce should be the last one you receive.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at 10:42 PM - Response #6

O.K. now I see why, Thanks

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.