ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Multi-Year Statistics

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/02/09 09:50 AM Views: 2049 Replies: 16
Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 9:50 AM

We have a multi-year site. Is there anyway to get statistic by year? We would like to know # of active classmates per year instead of on entire site? Is that possible other than manually counting each one?

Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 11:50 AM - Response #1

We're going to make all items in the key have a total, the same way that the "Attending Reunion" link in the key has a total now. But in addition to that, yes, we can create a total by year report inside of the Statistics area for multi year sites like yours.

Friday, August 7, 2009 at 11:34 AM - Response #2

When will the multi-year statistics be ready. We're trying to figure out how many classmates per year have joined the website so far.

re: gghsreunion1968-1972.com

Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 8:02 PM - Response #3

Pamela "PJ" St. Pierre wrote:

When will the multi-year statistics be ready. We're trying to figure out how many classmates per year have joined the website so far.

re: gghsreunion1968-1972.com

About 2 months ago, I added a way on the statistics page for you to select a year and see a graph of the count of active/inactive classmates for that year. I just noticed that nobody had responded to this thread.

Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 8:27 PM - Response #4

Thanks I didn't see that option to look by year. Only %? Any way to get actual count? Also, after I checked the first year, the rest came up with xbox? Is this a bug?

Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 8:51 PM - Response #5

The actual numbers appear on the graph, next to the pie pieces. I didn't see any X boxes. The graphics appeared fine for me.

Edited 10/29/09 9:03 PM
Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 9:18 PM - Response #6

Kyle Erickson wrote:

The actual numbers appear on the graph, next to the pie pieces. I didn't see any X boxes. The graphics appeared fine for me.

The actual numbers are shown on the edges of the pie chart itself...

So if you pick 1968, there are 57 active and 404 inactive.

Rick

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 12:56 PM - Response #7

GGHSreunion1968-1972.com

The statistics on our multi-year website do not make sense to me? I need help asap!

Below under 1968-1972 individual years, if I add up each class size, the total number of classmates = 2159. I'm assuming the website subtracted our approx 90 deceased classmates from 2159 to arrive at the 2069 total which appear in overall multi-year inactive graph total. (I actually counted 93 1968-1972 deceased rather than 90?).

Now, back to individual class statistics, I totalled the individual active classmates per call with sum of 342, which matches the overall number of active classmates shown in multi-year graph.

Here’s the disconnect…… If the total number of classmates is 2159, then I assume 90 deceased were subtracted to get arrive at 2069 inactive alumni. The problem is, if 342 classmates have registered their profiles, why isn't 342 subtracted from 2069 to show 1727 inactive instead of the 2069 total displayed in the multi-year graph inactive statistic?

The numbers don't jive for me. Please help me understand....I need to report to our committee.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 4:04 PM - Response #8

Classmates Profiles

User has created a profile: 1416

Profile contains photos: 328

Profile updated within past 6 months: 580

Attending 1959 50th Reunion: 21

In Memory: 848

Contains "In Memory" entry: 421

Military Service: 211

Brad, this is what is shown when I click on any yr and then on Attending reunion. The names listed below the key are only reunion attendees but the key is for the whole site.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 4:14 PM - Response #9

That's normal. I don't think we should change the key to reflect every possible search option or regrouping of Classmate names. I think people understand the key reflects the whole site regardless of how you choose to filter the Classmate names. In fact if anything I think it could get confusing with those #'s constantly changing. Juts my 2 cents! Smile

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 4:16 PM - Response #10

I agree but you only see this particular key if you click on the reunion attendees.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 4:38 PM - Response #11

Ok, I don't get it. Smile What are you wanting it to do differently? In your key you have two different links you can click on to show reunion attendees. The first one is going to show all reunion attendees, or you can click on the second one to just show attendees from whatever class year you're currently viewing. Both options are working perfectly. I'm probably missing something so tell me EXACTLY what you think the system should be displaying differently.

Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 10:32 AM - Response #12

I am wondering why the key doesn't show up unless you click reunion attendees. tried to attach a screenshot but not happening. If you go on our site and clcik any classyears, you will see the key for that yr. if you click the reunion attendees, the key for the whole scholl is dispalyed.

Edited 03/25/10 10:35 AM
Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 11:50 AM - Response #13

Well, not quite. Because there is no link for just "Reunion Attendees." On the same line in the key we show two different links, exactly like this:

Attending 1959 50th Reunion
: 21 (From Class Of 1979: 1)

If you want to see who the 21 people are, then you're going to click the first link. And if you want to see just who's coming from the Class of 1979, then you click the second link. If you click the first link, then yes, you're going to get the key for the whole school again, because those 21 people we're displaying on that page are coming from multiple class years. It wouldn't make sense to show just a 1979 key and then show underneath it reunion attendee names coming from years outside of 1979.

Edited 03/25/10 11:54 AM
Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 11:59 AM - Response #14

where else can you access the key for the whole school? only by clicking on attendees? Thanks Brad, I am not real good with all this.

Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 12:59 PM - Response #15

Well I certainly doubt that! I understand your point. You're sorting a group of names that comes from the entire system, and whenever that happens then we pull the collective data for the whole school into the key. It may be easiest to just not show the key at all on this particular sort only on multi year sites such as yours. It's really not needed, it could really only cause more confusion than anything else. I say we remove it and see if anybody else notices. Smile

Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 3:02 PM - Response #16

No, I love that key. Just wish it appeared when you click Classmate Profile.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.