ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Still getting duplicate/double postings

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/08/20 05:55 PM Views: 647 Replies: 24
Monday, June 8, 2020 at 5:55 PM
still double.jpg

I'm still getting duplicate postings in What's New. Aggggggg............

Monday, June 8, 2020 at 6:02 PM - Response #1

Me too, Barbara. Removing one before the Classmates see it and send me an email telling me, is becoming a chore!

Monday, June 8, 2020 at 6:42 PM - Response #2

DITTO:
Several test posts from another Admin truncated the duplicated post's text and omitted the photo from the first.
Have reported this separately in an ongoing trouble ticket to Scott.

Monday, June 8, 2020 at 10:39 PM - Response #3

I'm also seeing duplicates = or other strange symptoms. See my post {HERE}

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 7:58 AM - Response #4
duplicates 6-9.jpg

Still seeing duplicates in What's New this AM. No rhyme or reason. Drives my personal sense of order CRAZY! My first thought was delete the offenders but someone on another thread warned against it, as it may hinder the techies from correcting the problem.
Grrrrrrrr

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 8:36 AM - Response #5

We have never activated What's New on our site. Since the day our site was created, we've had a Latest News page in which we list class news and news of passings.

Edited 06/09/20 9:36 AM
Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 10:40 AM - Response #6

Posting to What's New by Senior Committee Member of both dialogue and pictures resulted in duplication of several, including the truncating of the text on the duplicates and missing picture from one. Granted they were VERY Lengthy which may have contributed to the Truncation
My singular short Post just now was fine until I refreshed the screen and then it duplicated!!!

Comeon CC lets get with it!!!

Still no NOTIFICATION of:
1.Posts to What's New
2.Birthday notices

Email the Class Still Sporadic

Yes Barbara... Grrrrrrr!

Edited 06/09/20 10:46 AM
Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 11:31 AM - Response #7

as of 11:27 all posts from 6/8 including dupes have DISAPPEARED!!!! and Posts from today are duplicating including re-posts [not by the member - by the SYSTEM] of ones posted on 6/2.
THEN - they magically appeared again with new comments duplicated.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 1:28 PM - Response #8

ALIENS

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 2:42 PM - Response #9

Beginning this AM - receiving duplicate posts on What’s New and also my posts to this Forum.
Definitely Aliens - after all its 2020!

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 3:25 PM - Response #10

DUPLICATE POSTS CONTINUE!!!

but Now getting NOTIFICATION MESSAGES RE: Posting...
HOWEVER
The duplicate posts show up in the notification:
and comments to that post cause the duplication all over again as well as duplicating the comments.

But at least getting Notifications -
including a Test CONTACT US sent at 12:43 but arrived at @ 2:13 - Back in the Old Dayz [Pre Migration] it took 2 minutes

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 7:04 PM - Response #11

This is getting beyond Ridiculous.

Now a post that was made on a Profile and duplicated on the Whats New, is truncated, yet the member can see all the edit he applied but it still doesn't show on the site. As Admin I should see the same thing he sees in the attempted edit but NADA!! Cleared Cache, used different browser.
ZIP!
NOTIFICATIONS of announcement posts and page updates are still not going out, in addition to Birthday notices.

What makes all this more frustrating is the lack of response from CC at all, not to these threads nor to the trouble ticket I keep adding all this to.

WTH!!! HELP!!!

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 11:35 AM - Response #12

Not only do Duplicate Post continue, but now edited posts are being truncated.
Notifications are sporadic and duplication seems to carry through with duplicate notifications.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 11:56 AM - Response #13

My site is getting duplicate posts, too.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 1:10 PM - Response #14

STILL getting duplicate posts. C'mon tech support, FIX IT!

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 1:17 PM - Response #15

I ‘m getting duplicate email responses from some ppl. Also, only about half of my mass emails are getting to their target.

Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 1:41 AM - Response #16

Duplicate Posting to profiles and What's NEW Continues.
As do duplicate notifications including those for MEMORIAM posts.
Just got notification for MEMORIAM and it came in Duplicate, as did the Notice that a Memoriam post was made.

EVERY THING IS COMING IN DUPLICATE
COME ON CC - THIS IS GETTING OLD - AND I'M GETTING TIRED OF HAVING TO GO IN AND DELETE THE DUPES.

Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 5:04 PM - Response #17

Interesting DEVELOPMENT

one classmate posts birthday wishes on an other's profile, and the profile responds - only one of each post and they show on Whats New.

another classmate posts to the same profile - DUPLICATE POSTS!!! on both the Profile and what's new

What's up with thatQuestion

Edited 06/11/20 5:22 PM
Friday, June 12, 2020 at 2:40 PM - Response #18

Nothing New Here -
Still getting duplicate comments to postings, both in Profiles which transition into What's New.

Haven't had the courage to test CONTACT US messages or EMAIL The Class recently.

JESSICA, Are we getting closer to some solutions on Dupes?

Friday, June 12, 2020 at 3:35 PM - Response #19

What goes in the Cloud stays in the Cloud Very Happy

(just come funnin)

Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 12:47 PM - Response #20

Us too. Started as soon as we went back online after the "upgrade".

Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 11:53 PM - Response #21

Some of you are in other posts and send messages so you might be seeing this more than once. We are getting close on this.

The programmers are working on a comprehensive solution for the duplicates that will correct it on all of the sites that still have this issue.

They have a clean up script they will be running to clean up any duplicates not already deleted, however, it is fine if you want to delete any that you see - it won't affect their work. They are aware of the sites this is still happening on and this is the top item they are working on right now. We hope to have it resolved soon.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, June 21, 2020 at 3:38 PM - Response #22

Since the upgrade our site has been getting duplicate postings on comments classmates make on other classmates' profiles. It does not happen in every case but frequently enough to be frustrating. One example a classmate posted on another classmates' profile to comment about the duplicates. That got duplicated. That respondee replied to the duplicated comment and the reply was duplicated to both duplicates.

So far whatever the developers are creating to nix this problem must not have been implemented yet.

Edited 06/21/20 3:39 PM
Sunday, June 21, 2020 at 5:57 PM - Response #23

Still in progress. It is a bit trickier than expected but they are working on a permanent fix and clean up process.

Sunday, June 21, 2020 at 9:11 PM - Response #24

Jessica,
7 days after your last note on this... still no resolution.

Still having duplicates on all posts and comments-profile pages and subsequently on whats new.
We need a solution NOW, not platitudes - 21 days is UNACCEPTABLE!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.