ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

File Vault

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/24/09 10:16 PM Views: 1355 Replies: 6
Friday, April 24, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Brad, Jessica or anyone on the CC Team

I was looking over sites and had a question. When the new file vault comes available that means I can delete any picture of mine that I've put on the server right? The reason for this question is I've noticed numerous sites have used my code for the picture on their "In Memory Page", if I didn't realized this and deleted the picture from the vault wouldn't that mess up a lot of sites??Sad

Dawn

Saturday, April 25, 2009 at 2:02 AM - Response #1

Hi Dawn,

That image was requested so frequently that it became a default image for In Memory - they can remove it if they choose, however, it is now already there when they start the page.

Yes there is a risk that if someone copies someone elses images without saving a local copy and posting it up to their own site that they could end up with a missing graphic if that graphic is deleted by the site owner.

Saturday, April 25, 2009 at 2:15 AM - Response #2

Jessica, Support wrote:

Hi Dawn,

That image was requested so frequently that it became a default image for In Memory - they can remove it if they choose, however, it is now already there when they start the page.

Yes there is a risk that if someone copies someone elses images without saving a local copy and posting it up to their own site that they could end up with a missing graphic if that graphic is deleted by the site owner.

Thank you Jessica that is what I thought. The reason I thought of this is,see this Thread. The erhsclassof82 is my site and I wondered how many others where coping codes instead of clicking on the picture and saving a local copy. Just thought I would throw this out there, some might not realize what could happen.

Thank you for always helping out.

Dawn

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 7:35 AM - Response #3

Jessica
You folks are doing an excellent job - your team could teach many organizations what real customer service is all about. It is only because of this website that we have been able to find over one-third of our 600+ classmates (176 registered and 37 have passed away)

I was wondering when the File Vault tool will be available? I am anxiously awaiting this so I can start to put up many of the files that I have sitting on another server.

Thanks again for a great website. I am almost embarassed to accept the many good words that my classmates send - I tell them I owe my success to Class Creator!

Patrick

Edited 04/28/09 7:38 AM
Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 9:41 AM - Response #4

I could not have said it better. I have had several questions for Class Creator and have always received a prompt and accurate answer. At one point, I even messed up one of my links after Jessica had fixed it for us, and she went right back and very patiently fixed it again and gave me some pointers for the future.

Yes, you look up 'great customer service' in the dictionary (ok, you search for it online...Very Happy), and Class Creator comes up.

Thank you, all.... Cool

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 3:39 PM - Response #5

Thanks both of you. Smile

We got slightly delayed on File Vault due to a spell check dictionary issue of all things, but with any luck File Vault will be live by Friday. Without any luck, early next week at the latest.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 3:47 PM - Response #6

It will be welcome with open arms by many of us! A terrific addition to an already extrordinary system.

Razz

Morris

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.